Collect ing or

Started by robbersroost1, January 24, 2005, 08:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbersroost1

Coming home from a good old West Virginia race back in 1993 I decided the mud on my bike needed to be scraped off and put in a box to keep. I still have that box and believe it to be more valuable than my tallest trophy. I need you Poggers help me out, does anyone else do this, or have I just lost it? It was the Blackwater 100 and for that I'd do it again. So next to my Wassell's is a box of dirt.

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

Paul Danik

Terry,
   After the 1974 ISDT in Camerino, Italy  I removed the headlight/numberplate from my 125 Penton as a momento, Italian dirt and all!  It now hangs right next to some pictures that I have of that event, still dirty as the day I took it off. My wife Judy was cleaning one day when my daughter offered to "wash that thing up", fortunately Judy advised her against it.  I wish she would offer to wash my boots sometime:D

As to if you have "lost it" or not, all I can say is that you are in good company!

Paul

classof74

When Carlsbad closed last year, I went over and took over 300 photos of the USGP track...from every conceivable angle and then proceeded to fill two 5 gallon buckets with dirt from the first turn...probably the most photographed first turn in MX history.

I lugged those buckets back up the hill, loaded them in my truck and took them home.

The next day, unceremoniously, I spread that dirt out over my entire backyard. It filtered through the grass and disappeared.

Silly....maybe.

However, when I walk around my backyard, I'm walking on some of the dirt that all the great MX riders of my youth rode across....Decoster, Smith, Lackey....you know who I'm talking about.

Most will always see it as just a backyard. For me, it's a pretty special place.

Believe it or not!

Mark

peter kane

These stories are precious!!! Keep 'em coming!

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]