6 Days 125 front fork maintenance.

Started by bentrims, February 10, 2005, 12:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTOOM

Back to the fork issue.  If you choose to opt for a set of 35's other than cerriani, an easy route to go is to use a lower cerriani tripple clamp [non tapered] on the top along with a stock lower. The lowers are easily drilled for handlbar clamps and you do not have the problem of trying to adapt other steering head bearings and races. I learned this trick from Barry Higgins while visiting his shop and doing some buying,selling swaping etc. I noticed this setup on a K.R.short tracker that my friend purchased from Barry. He said that he believed the shot trackers came this way. Once again having run both size forks, I hiiiiiiighly recomend trying a set of 35,s. You'll throw roost at your 32's once you do.  Also if you choose to run the cerrani forks off a larger or later yr. Penton your front wheel will bolt right on. See ya'll at the races....       Joe Wright

dkwkid

If you can find them, the Betor triple clamps off a Puch or DKW will bolt right up.I bought a parts Penton one time and it had the Betor front end on it(turns out thats what I needed most!)It was a mongrel bike with a DKW engine and a lay down shock penton frame.
 Last year at a swap meet I bought a DKW rolling chassis for 10 bucks. It had a complete 250 Elsinore front end mounted in the Betor clamps.I decided to use it for my sons vintage racer.Not as good as the betor forks but a MUCH better front brake.
Glenn

OUCWBOY

Guys that would be Walter Brennan, not Yule. Man, I guess I'm showing my age!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

James

Yes, Donnie and that would be Yule Brenner not Brennan....man we are all losing it. BTW Bob Brizee is trying to contact you about a frame.
James

Yamazuki-Kawahonda all sounds the same to me.. Real bikes were made in Europe
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

brokenb23

Tom,
 Since Dane mentioned modern, here goes. I am using 20cc STP and finishing off with synthetic ATF on my 32's. On the 35's use an equal mixture. I have found better dampening using this mix. I also use a similiar mix in rear shocks. DeWayne Jone of Performance Suspension turned me on to this
Bob Brizzee

bentrims

Bob,
Now that sounds interesting. Progressive oil weight to go with a progressive spring rate.
Thanks,
TB

Tommy_V

Ron,

What did you mean by "You need to ask on the POG some history of the man's garbage can you now own."  I'm clueless!!??

Tommy

Tommy
Tommy

Dennis Jones

Ron

Phill Campbell, not Tommy was the Cape Girardeaun who won the wastebasket.

Tommy

I bet you were confused. Ron is talking about a trash can that came from Penton Imports that Phill won as a door prize at the POG meeting.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Dennis, Phil and Tommy,
  Some how I got word that Tommy won the door prize.  OK I will try again.

Phil...you may want to find some history of the person and his wife's contribution at Penton.  Please let me know if I got it right this time.[8]

Dennis...how is the steel tanker coming?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

jackpinejim

firstturn,

dane did mention whose office it came from. such apriviledge to be at this meeting with all the POGGERS, the newlyweds and some 29 jackpiners! and to top it off, an unusual warm(55 deg) sunshiny day!

jim