Repro rubber

Started by smkt342, February 13, 2005, 06:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter kane

Hey, Check out "Rob 201"s web page. Wow! These guys are really putting a great effort into making parts. Am I just getting slow in my old age or did others already know about this page. This is cool!

Check it:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/hyrockpk/index1.htm

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

Doug Wilford

Dennis I think Al Buehner may have all the Magura covers anyone would need,   Early ones not the naugahide.

Chakka

Dennis, Your right, I was watching the ISDT lever set on Ebay but lost interest when it went above $100 bucks. What also seems to be in short supply for Magura Lever sets are the orange plastic "star" adjusters. I have 2 broken ones, seems like we need an injection molder connection as well.

Chris

Dennis Jones

Doug, Al told me after a set went to the moon on ebay someone bought all he had:(

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Big Mac

Am I missing something here, or are a bunch of us yanks ignoring the work and effort already done by the Aussie vintage comrades, as evidenced by the wide range of well-priced rubber repro parts offered at ozktm.com? Seems like they can make just about anything else needed too.

For one, I searched high and low w/ zero success in all corners of the US for '77 KTM carb boots until I landed on Brad Lewis's repros there. Sure, it took a couple of weeks for the mail to work...but I sent like $18 US cash and he sent the part (including cost to mail) with a very nice explanation letter of variations and "I hope it works"...and "send it back to exchange if any problems". Cheap, pleasant, easy if you can live with the vast complexity of international postage.

Maybe Al B or some other suppliers can buy a truckload or varieties to have on hand for those guys needing 3-day delivery and pay by credit card, but by all means, I suggest anyone wanting a reliable parts source for future years ought to support and take advantage of Adrian, Rob and Brad and keep these guys cooking up more products!
Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Rob 201

Thank you and the other guys for your support BIG MAC. Comments like yours makes it all the more worthwhile for us. I have just finished  two NOS parts to suit 125's/175's, and another part that I think will fit much earlier bikes. I am just waiting on the arrival of the 250/400 NOS boot. When I get it done remind me to send you a replacement for the not-so-pretty boot we sent you a few months back. I should have it done by March, all going well.

Thanks again

Rob Wager
(ozktm parts guy)
Rob Wager
(ozktm parts guy)

Big Mac

See what I mean? These guys are just too nice and helpful, so no reason not to roll out the red carpet in a big way. Thanks Rob, I'll take you up on that and donate the slightly homely one I have on to some other less fortunate but deserving soul. [^]
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

smkt342

Yes I agree, no reason not to support these guys.  I have supported other marques that were getting no help.  At least the options are now there so between Doug and Kip, Al B, Ozzie friends, and others the bikes keep going!

Keith Taylor

peter kane

Rob, Do you have the curved hi-breather frame piece that goes from the air box to the frame?  (part no. 5-69.000) If not and you'd like to reproduce it I'll let you borrow mine.  Let me know.  Also, how about some of the gray plastic? Magura perch covers that are so hard to find

Peter Kane
V3442
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

bentrims

Adrian,
Welcome to the POG. Very Nice products!

Rob 201

Peter, I do not have the curved hi-breather. I haven't had anyone down here ask for it. If you guys need it I will do it. Thank you for your offer - please send it over. Same with the magura bits. I have been mucking around with pseudo-injection-moulding for the litle "hard bits". That is, I am pushing the compound into the mold under pressure instead of using gravity - what a mess. I probably need to buy a vacuum pump to do it better. Just a bit expensive for me yet - anyone got a spare??:)

Thanks

Rob Wager
(ozktm parts guy)
Rob Wager
(ozktm parts guy)

Chakka

Rob - I have a working Magura "star" adjuster and a fairly nice set of the rubber covers. If you would like to mold them let me know and I will mail them out.

Chris

Tommy_V

Rob,

Do you have the rubber fork wiper with the hole in the back to run the brake cable through and zip tie to the leg on the cerriani (sp?) forks.  This would be on my 74 175

Thanks,

Tommy
Tommy

Rob 201

Wow guys, seems like I just scored a whole bunch of new mates. Are you good for a room when I come visit?

Chris, lets have a go at your Magura "star" adjuster and the set of the rubber covers. Chris and Peter, can you email me privately, maybe with a picture of what your sending, just so I can keep track of who is sending what and so I know where to return it to? I'd hate to screw that up.

Tommy, no I don't have any fork boots yet. My mate down the road has nice 35mm fork boots off an early ossa but they don't have any holes for cables. So maybe not what you want.

Let me know

Thanks guys

Rob Wager
(ozktm parts guy)
Rob Wager
(ozktm parts guy)

Don Roth

Rob,
If you pay the freight, I can 'scare' up a used vacuum pump,
any particular type you are seeking? Quite a few here @ work,
the chemists/physicists I work for use them daily.
Hey to Alan T for me,
-don