Crotch Assembly

Started by vmx1963, March 12, 2005, 08:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmx1963

Ah sorry, I mean clutch assembly.  ;)

Here's a question about the later style disengaging assemblies like the one pictured...

Can these be used instead of the earlier ones with the wonky arm that always got sloppy?

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

BrianTaylor

Looks to me like a Crotch assembly out of a 74 ROBOCOP..... BT I am so funny I kill myself:D

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Mike Lenz

Hey, that may work!  What motor did that come from??

OUCWBOY

I listed that part on Ebay and it is listed as an 80-82 KTM, KTM part number 541.32.013.012. Looks like it should bolt right on. Don't know if the clutch rod is the same or not.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mike Lenz

Must have went on the 80 motor??? Im pretty sure the new design 81 had a completly different deal. Ill have to get the books out and check!

pketchum

That doesn't look a thing like the clutch actuating arm on my '80 KTM 250GS.  It must be 81 or newer.....

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

OUCWBOY

I just looked in the 81 parts book and there it is. The 82 is somewhat different. Don't have a 79 or 80 book to look at.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

vmx1963

When I saw the photos of this assembly that Donny had on eBay it looked like the mounting plate was identical to the earlier ones - the only thing I wasn't sure about was whether the actuating mechanism would function the same.  Without the benefit of owning a later model KTM, I can't tell whether the cam would have the same travel to move the pushrod the necessary distance for disengagement.  I just assumed that the clutch pushrod specifications wouldn't be that different between the early 80 motors and the Type 54 engines.  Most likely it was just some wild idea :D

Hey Mike L, did you receive the DVD I sent over before Xmas?  I hope I got the address right.

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

OUCWBOY

If you can't use it, I would be more than happy to refund you if you want to send it back and I'll cover the shipping too!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

KTOOM

This looks like the arm on my '80 R.V. 125.[ Little Bit]  The '80 -'81 125's had the aluminum chain /case protector.  The one on my '81 495 [Big Dog] also looks the same, but has the much beefier steel case protector.           Joe Wright

vmx1963

Wasn't me that bought it from you Donny, just a curious question from someone who's brain operates in KTM mode 80% of the time :D

Quotequote:Originally posted by OUCWBOY

If you can't use it, I would be more than happy to refund you if you want to send it back and I'll cover the shipping too!

Donny Smith

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

OUCWBOY

Oh, now I feel stupid. I do know that it went down under!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

James

I thought the 400s last year was 79-replaced by the 420 the same year. The 1st gen 125s last year was 78. and the silver 250s last year was 80. If that is correct then the clutch actuator shown would be for an 80-82 open bike (390-495) or an 81-82 250-I thought the 125s of the era were different. I could be way off but this is how I remember it. James

7" and 4" travel? Hmm-that makes 11" Hey! I can live with that.
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.