125 Sachs Cylinder Sleeves

Started by OUCWBOY, March 15, 2005, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

I have had some 1251 "D" cylinder sleeves made. A NOS sleeve was used for the model. There is only a slight difference between the "B" sleeve and the "D" sleeve. The "D" sleeve has a larger intake and exhaust opening. Transfers are almost the exact same. Speaking with Doug, we felt that the "D" sleeves would work just fine in the "B" engines as well, just match the cylinder ports to the sleeve and you will have a better and improved "B" cylinder. After all, Sachs did make that improvement when the released the "D" engines. Master Doug, you can jump in here and provide your expert techincal advise. I will be offering these to POG members, first come first served for $110.00 plus shipping. I am listing them on Ebay with a piston, rings and gaskets for $180.00. This will let you start over with the life of your cylinder. Even if you don't have the need for one today, think of tomorrow or the years after.
This was an expensive investment, because of the minimum quanity required to order.
If interested, contact me at
[email protected]

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

DKWRACER

Thomas Brosius

firstturn

Donny,
  I will get with today or tomorrow so set aside 2 for me.  Great Job Donny....I hope everyone understands how substantial investment this was for you and how I have kept a sleeve for many years as a back up for my D cylinders.  THANKS DONNY FOR YOUR CARING ATTUDUDE.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Thanks Tom and Ron,
Ron two have your name on them!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  Thanks for shipping those today.  I will get back with you on the others my Friends will probably want.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron,
No problem. You caught me right before I went to the Post Office. They are on their way! Should be there (Houston) on Thursday.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Doug Wilford

Thanks to Donny for investing his time and money to get these sleeves made.   With alot measureing and checking I found the biggest most important differance between a "B" engine sleeve and a "D" engine sleeve, was the width of the ports.  These new sleeves were made to the "D" sleeve spects.   Donny has already told you if you want to make an improved "B" cylinder, all that you will need to do is match the cylinder to the new sleeve.   Make sure you have a reputable person doing the sleeve replacement.   Personally I have Forest Stahl do mine.

firstturn

Donny and Everyone,
  Got my sleeves in the other day and they look great.  To everyone that ever wanted "D" porting for your Sachs Powered 125 this is your chance to have the pattern and a new bore/sleeve all at one time.  I have spent $100.00 to $150.00 just for a standard "B" sleeve and was glad to get it at the time.  Then I had to spend the time and money to port the sleeve.  This saves a lot of time.

Here is a great opportunity to have a trick set up and show our suppliers that when they offer a special deal to people that are POG members that we apprecaiate there work.

Just my take.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron,
Thank you! You are too kind. It's people like you that keep me motivated in this arena.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Atlasdelta

Are any of the "D" sleeves and piston sets still available for $180?
I have a 125 6B engine.  Did all Penton 6Bs come with monoplat pointless ignitions?

Gary

Gary W. Pendergrass
Gary W. Pendergrass

Doug Wilford

Yep as far as I can remember.