January 2002 featured bike

Started by bildough, March 24, 2005, 09:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bildough

I was looking at the featured bike section and saw one of my bikes listed as owner unknown. The mettco penton is one of the cleanest pentons I own. I cant bring myself to race it much as I would hate to ruin it. My brother John says you dont buy a G I Joe to keep it in its box. Rocket has provided me with a couple very clean bikes also. If anyone is interested you can see photos of some of the pentons we have on our website //www.pelicanguanoraceteam.com . As always thanks to Rocket, Doug Wilford, Ron Carbaugh and Don Roth for all their help.

Bill Cappel

firstturn

Bill,
  You can hand out all the compliments you want, but I want to compliment you for your choice of collecting and racing Pentons(and Monarks).  You truly have a beautiful collection and you race them.  Please keep us updated on your Brother John during his tour in Iraq.  He will be in my Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

cubfan1968

I took a gander at your home page, I was impressed by the groups "Mission Statement". I was even more impressed with the bikes. Very good work.

You know this "Pelican Racing Team" thing could become national. Step aside AMA.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Doug Wilford

Bill:  Nice pictures of your collection.

bildough

Ron;
I have about 25 more bikes that arent on the website but will be adding them when I get back to Oregon. Recently was able to get 2 1972 rickman Hodakas and a 1980 HL 500.
John is currently in the Kandahar region of Afghanistan I believe. He is hoping to be back with his family in Germany in July. I never know where he will be next I just say my prayers. He is excited about hopefully racing one of the Monarks in the 125 class and his sachs 250 in the 250 class. And of course his trusty Jackpiner in Cross Country. I know how much this board means to him as it is one of his favorite links back to home while he is deployed. Last summer he came stateside while going to the hospital and attended an AHRMA race with me. He rode practice on the Mettco and if he dint have the face guard on the helmet I am convinced he would have collected flies in his teeth his grin was so big. He's also extremely fast.

Bill Cappel

bildough

Rod;

lets face it when you name your team " Pelican guano" you know no one takes you seriously. However, the logo and t shirts and decals have created a great stir at the track. We have kept it to the original 9 guys and have enjoyed great success at most of the AHRMA National MX races. We are easy to locate at the track. Either look for the big white motor coach or just listen for FUN noise. All POG members are always welcomed as family.

Bill Cappel

cubfan1968

Bill, I know just where your coming from. Our Bass Club, Fun Bass, is a bunch of us old "coots" that are just out to have a good time and fish. As we get older the competition lessens and the friendship grows.

If I could get buy one of those t-shirts from you, I'd spread the word here in the mid-west.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

bildough

when I get back to Klamath Falls I will be happy to send you one. I should be back there in late April. How many people can aspire to be Pelican Guano

vmx1963

Great website Bill.

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

firstturn

Bill,
  You can hand out all the compliments you want, but I want to compliment you for your choice of collecting and racing Pentons(and Monarks).  You truly have a beautiful collection and you race them.  Please keep us updated on your Brother John during his tour in Iraq.  He will be in my Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

cubfan1968

I took a gander at your home page, I was impressed by the groups "Mission Statement". I was even more impressed with the bikes. Very good work.

You know this "Pelican Racing Team" thing could become national. Step aside AMA.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Doug Wilford

Bill:  Nice pictures of your collection.

bildough

Ron;
I have about 25 more bikes that arent on the website but will be adding them when I get back to Oregon. Recently was able to get 2 1972 rickman Hodakas and a 1980 HL 500.
John is currently in the Kandahar region of Afghanistan I believe. He is hoping to be back with his family in Germany in July. I never know where he will be next I just say my prayers. He is excited about hopefully racing one of the Monarks in the 125 class and his sachs 250 in the 250 class. And of course his trusty Jackpiner in Cross Country. I know how much this board means to him as it is one of his favorite links back to home while he is deployed. Last summer he came stateside while going to the hospital and attended an AHRMA race with me. He rode practice on the Mettco and if he dint have the face guard on the helmet I am convinced he would have collected flies in his teeth his grin was so big. He's also extremely fast.

Bill Cappel

bildough

Rod;

lets face it when you name your team " Pelican guano" you know no one takes you seriously. However, the logo and t shirts and decals have created a great stir at the track. We have kept it to the original 9 guys and have enjoyed great success at most of the AHRMA National MX races. We are easy to locate at the track. Either look for the big white motor coach or just listen for FUN noise. All POG members are always welcomed as family.

Bill Cappel

cubfan1968

Bill, I know just where your coming from. Our Bass Club, Fun Bass, is a bunch of us old "coots" that are just out to have a good time and fish. As we get older the competition lessens and the friendship grows.

If I could get buy one of those t-shirts from you, I'd spread the word here in the mid-west.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)