Impluse buying

Started by wfopete, April 14, 2005, 09:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

I keep saying to myself I have too many bikes (90+)but I keep buying more. I just bought a 125 Dalesman Scout on Ebay for $200 and last month bought a 175 Hercules for $86.00. I just can't resist rescuing those junky bikes.

Chakka

I follow my sister's logic (the queen of impulse buyers). "You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and never have enjoyed owning that Penton" so buy without reservation, and remember the guy with the most toys when he dies wins!

Rain Man

Desmond, your a true inspiration to the sport of vintage dirt bikes, [8D] where do yopu keep them all[?]

Peter I own 7 Pentons and only one that I bought ran.  Three are Jacpiners that were used up years ago.  If you can ride the thing with a minimal amount  of maintenance, I'd say you are way ahead of the game.  I enjoy wrenching on them and thats 1/2 the fun for some guys, I wont tell you how much I've spent on Pentons in the last 2 years, but I sold a Twin Cam to finance it. And someday, when the bikes are old and tired again, I'll sell them to pay for my property taxes !! well just a thought, you may have to pry my cold dead hands off the grips first!!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

desmond197

I have them at my house,my parents house storage units. I guess I am a little out of control because I ride about 5 of them regualry. I go riding every day at lunch on my property. I am working on a 73 Puch 175 at the moment. Finished up the roller and now working on the motor. I like the sculptural quality and simplicity of bikes of this era. About 40 of the bikes are projects so I have about another 7 years worth of fun.[8D]

Rain Man

One little thing I did when I built my house is install an elevator in the garage going down into the cellar.  I got the idea from an ole timer I use to work with.
  This allows me to bring bikes, machine tools, fire wood and any other back breaking thing thats near imposiible for one man to move.
  And in the winter its nice and warm down there and the summer, the opposite.
 Another little secret to hiding the "new bike" instead of buying the same color bikes, which I tend to do anyway, I just keep changing the tanks :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons