Penton 6 day center stand

Started by [email protected], November 18, 2005, 12:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

I just bought a center stand from Beuhners supply for my 72 six day. No directions. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of how this thing mounts? Or does anyone have Beuhners email address?
Thanks, Alan

72 Penton 6 day 125
76 Hercules 175gs
1975 Ossa dessert phantom
1976 Super phantom with spanish 6 day engine
72 Penton 6 day 125
72 Penton 175 Jackpiner
75 Penton GS6 400
76 Penton 125GS
76 Penton 250GS
77 Penton GS6 400
77 KTM 250GS
77 Penton 125 MC6
78 KTM 175GS6
78 KTM GS6
78 1/2 KTM 175GS6
76 Hercules GS175
1978 GS125 Hercules w/coffin tank
76 GS250 Herc

OUCWBOY

I may be wrong, but I don't think Al has Email. You may have to call him 216 - 651-6559

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Paul Danik

I don't have a machine here to look at but if I remember right you have to remove the footpegs and slide the allenhead mounting bolt through the inside of the footpeg mounting bracket.  The bolt will then pass through the centerstand mounting holes.
Paul

Tony Price

Paul is correct.  Remove the pegs, insert the allen heads though the tubes.

After getting the stand mountes, you will see how the L bracket mounts.  The hump is there to allow clearance over a lock nut.

A word of strong advice, get another person to help with the spring mounting evolution.  A come-along isn't a bad idea either.  Seriously, the spring is a monster and will bite with large teeth.

In the spirit of disclosure, I had to call Doug and pleaded mass confusion/ignorance on how to mount mine.  Oddly, it all makes perfect sense once you have it on there, just like Doug said it would.......

If you need more input, I will go out and look at mine and see if there is any thing I don't remember at the moment.  I do remember thinking it should be a quick install.  For me, it wasn't.

Tony
Tony

john durrill

Alan,
 It only takes about 5 mins to put it on. You need a long allen wrench for the peg bolts. We used vise grips  to pull the spring on the lower part of the stand, where the spring retaing pin is, when every thing else was installed.  Carl helped me install it at ths show up site for the 2002 RR. There may be a better way but that worked in the field for us.
 John D.

rd400pi

So is the stand 100% bolt-on with no welding?  I also thought a pencil sketch set of directions would be helpful.

Mike H.

john durrill

Yes,Mike
Its a bolt on Stand. Nothing needed but hand tools and the stand with its parts.
John D.

Atlasdelta

Guys,
I put one on my 6 days and it was a ##### to get on.  It was more like 2 hours for me.  Especially since no instructions.  the spring is the major problem and it would have been easier had I not been alone. I remember using vise grips and loosening bolts to get more leeway in installing the spring.  and I remember trying a number of times.  Good luck.
Gary

Gary W. Pendergrass
Gary W. Pendergrass