Victor Monz

Started by classof74, December 12, 2005, 07:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classof74

Victor Monz suffered a heart attack Saturday morning (12-10-05) after breakfast with a number of CALVMX riders. As you know Victor is one of the few Penton riders that races with our club here in San Diego.

The good news is that he is resting comfortably at a local hospital after an emergency procedure to install (for the lack of a better term) a "stent" which is a small wire mesh tube used to prop open the artery where the blockage occured.

I was told as of 4:00pm Pacific time (12-12-05) he sounded great and is on the road to recovery. Victor commented that he guessed it was time to stop smoking. He also said he'd be back at the track asap, although he'd be flagging instead of riding for awhile.

Victor recently took 2 CALVMX 1st Place season titles...

Vintage Sportsman 125 Novice
+40 Vintage Novice

I'll keep you posted as to his progress and it would be great if everyone would keep him in their thoughts and prayers as he recovers.

Mark Holloway

bentrims

Mark,
Please forward an address where we can send cards to once you have it.
Thank you,
Tom Benolkin

bentrims

Ron C.
Please e-mail me: [email protected]
Thank you.

firstturn

Victor,
  Get well soon and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gooddirt

GET WELL SOON VICTOR !

I will give you a call when you are out of the hospital.

Dave Withrow

Please keep us updated, Mark.  We'll be praying for a complete recovery.
                     Dave

Marc Biro

Victor had stopped by my house prior to going to the CALVMX meeting. We where going over his new project, a 1973 Hare Scrambler I have been building for him. I had no idea what heppened until I just now logged on to the POG site. I am headed to the hospital right now. I hope to update all later today.
you

Marc Biro

tlanders

We are praying for your speedy recovery Victor.

Teddy

Marc Biro

Just got back from visiting with Victor. He is doing very well, but needs to back off all those burgers and shakes! Actually he looks real good and is at home resting. As soon as he is able I am sure he will update us all. keep him in your prayers.

OUCWBOY

My prayers are with Victor, have gone through the very same thing 2 different times. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Gavin Housh

Victor, my family and I wish you all the best. Get well soon and keep good thoughts of that Hare Scambler project in you head:). Gavin Housh

pakala

Victor,
 You were going to help with my Jackpiner.I am still going to need your help,SO YOU HAVE TO GET WELL SOON!!!!!!
                      Paul(socal)

VICTOR MONZ

POGERS:

Thanks for all your prayers and wishes of well being. I suffered a pretty good wallop and with God's grace and all your prayers I'll make another season.  A little "honing" out of some arteries and a new sleeve.....I'll be on the starting line soon, if they let me pull the rubber band!

I have been given the wonderful gift of life and a "rebirth" this year with all you Penton lovers.  I wouldn't miss it for anything.

God Bless all of us and Merry Christmas to you all.

please update me to a 3 year member, thanks

sixdazed

hi victor,great to hear of your continuing recovery.i was just reading about your fine upholding of the penton name in cycle news article.we all hope to see you out there soon(maybe phoenix ahrma in feb.?).now about that quitting smoking thing- i will, if you will!seriously after rod bush's loss and the fact that none of us are getting any younger,maybe any of us poggers who do smoke ought to really consider giving them up for good-i never smoked during the years i was racing for cash,but after the "glory years" i was at a party and lit one up,haven't put them down since-STUPID!-and maybe even ease off the junk food but that's a whole other can o' worms.-anyway off my soapbox.we were all praying for you and though we have never personally met i hope to see you (in good health) soon.here's to racing in the over 70 class in the future!take care of yourself buddy,we are all pulling for you,and Merry Christmas-and many more to come.    Best Wishes,Ric Emmal

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Mitchell184

Victor

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

--mitch