It's So Easy to Slip......

Started by DKWRACER, December 26, 2005, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

It's so easy to Fall....No, haven't made the trip to the "Dark Side"
But when something like this comes, I feel like I'm in the "Twilight Zone" Santa passed thru Denver! Actually had been after this one for 4 years, and now itsa stablemate to the Penton collection. For particulars, "ole-blue" is a 77 Frontera 250/180, complete with factory centerstand, ribbed Betors, Bazooka pipe and fiberglass skid plate, and if you notice, not the tool-kit tank, but one of the originals, that n-duro riders where bitching about.
Echos in the shop, are cries from "Stella" "Red-Bud" "Freightliner" "Patriot" "what in the HE double L, is that thing doing in our shop?".....Rest assured, "they will understand" I will explain to them "you only go around once in life"

For your review...Happy Holidays!http://cone.viawest.net/users/dkwracer/olblue/
I wonder what JP would think?
Adios Friends, Tom Brosius...
Thomas Brosius

tomale

Tom, nice bike. Some bike just do not understand that it is possible to like something other that a Penton.. Not to worry I am sure that the stablemates will come around sooner or later. My only worry is that they do not do the new steed in before you get a change to throw a leg over it.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Tony Price

Tom,

Nice addition!

Just store her on the other side of garage to start out.  Gradually move her into the rest of the Harem, giving the Austrian crowd time to adjust to the Spanish presence.  Over time they will bond, much like the legendary boy and the wolf pack that takes him in.  

After a while, maybe the Bultaco will even begin to exhibit Penton-like tendancy and behavioral patterns!

Tony
Tony

Rocket

Tom
That's not so bad, at least it's Jackpiner blue!! :D
Rocket

fasmith

wow.. very nice.  I am sure that the other bikes will understand.  

Congrats on your new addition to the family.

Freddie

Dennis Jones

Nice bike Tom. I am also bringing an off brand into the fold. I think I'll park it next to my Wife's Montessa Cota

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

John Ehrhart

It IS pretty, but just the same, I would keep it some distance from the Pentons.
At least it's from the proper continent!
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson

OhioTed

That is one nice Frontera, Tom.  I've long admired Buls, and at VMD '05, finally snagged one.  However, any association between yours and the one I picked up pretty much ends with the brand name.  To say my bike is rough is putting it mildly.  However, what I spotted that day was a pretty complete and original Sherpa T, and since I've long desired to own a trials bike, decided to go for it.  With the deal complete, I rolled the "T" back to my truck, then stood and admired my new bike.  After about 15 minutes or so however, it dawned on me that what I was looking at was not a Sherpa T at all, but rather an Alpina.  Ha!  So much for my Bulatco-identification capabilities.  Oh well, I've always liked the Alpina models, too.  And so, "Paco the 'Taco" now happily resides amoungst the rest of my junk.  Who's your parts source?  I need lotsa stuff!

Lew Mayer

Tom, don't worry. A year after I bought my Jackpiner, I bought a Kaw KT250 and the two have co-habitated fine for over thirty years.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

hanksie

Good looking Bul,Tom.My 4 Bul's and 3 Penton's are stable mates.The best from across the pond! To OhioTed,getta hold of me,gotta lot of Bultaco contacts.   Bill (I'm in Ohio too)

tomale

Tom, nice bike. Some bike just do not understand that it is possible to like something other that a Penton.. Not to worry I am sure that the stablemates will come around sooner or later. My only worry is that they do not do the new steed in before you get a change to throw a leg over it.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Tony Price

Tom,

Nice addition!

Just store her on the other side of garage to start out.  Gradually move her into the rest of the Harem, giving the Austrian crowd time to adjust to the Spanish presence.  Over time they will bond, much like the legendary boy and the wolf pack that takes him in.  

After a while, maybe the Bultaco will even begin to exhibit Penton-like tendancy and behavioral patterns!

Tony
Tony

Rocket

Tom
That's not so bad, at least it's Jackpiner blue!! :D
Rocket

fasmith

wow.. very nice.  I am sure that the other bikes will understand.  

Congrats on your new addition to the family.

Freddie

Dennis Jones

Nice bike Tom. I am also bringing an off brand into the fold. I think I'll park it next to my Wife's Montessa Cota

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones