WANTED: '78 MC5 Airbox

Started by pketchum, December 30, 2005, 10:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofriedel

Michael,

If you have photos of the rubber parts you need, please send them to me.  I have both a 77 & a 78, so I may have what you need.

Tony
Tony

wolfmanonapenton

Those also came in transparent clear color besides orange,let me look?:)

Gary Roach

I have an orange airbox on one my '78 models that was made by HiPoint. The top of the box is closed, and the opening is in the back, right in front of the inner fender. It has the left side filter access hole, but the hole cover is a different shape. It also has a different filter and cage, and the cage is held in by a rod. It has the HiPoint name molded into the plastic.

I had a new 125 in '78, and it would quit running at any water crossing or when it rained heavily. KTM said that the design of the top of the airbox was the problem, and they gave me one of these HiPoint airboxes for free.

Gary

Bob Seymour

If any of you guys can help me, I am trying to restore a 79 KTM 250 and I noticed in this recent series of posts the discussion on airboxes. If someone has a decent airbox for a 79 i would be interested in purchasing it. Thanks

pketchum

Bob,

I think I can help you here.  I believe I have a complete airbox available.  However, I don't think I can locate it until early next week due to my upcoming weekend activities.  

Phil Ketchum
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka