Sachs 125/6 D engine

Started by Paul Danik, August 04, 2001, 06:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,
I am looking to build a Sachs 125/6D engine. The main item that I would like to find is a set of stuffed cases. A Sachs "D" cylinder would also be a welcome sight! I have a few goodies to trade if that is what you want to do.   Paul

OUCWBOY

Paul, I would like to have about 4 of those motors. I just heard yesterday that there is a guy near here that has lots of old Monark parts and engines.  I'm trying to track him down, and will let you know what I find out.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tlanders

I also am looking for a "D" engine. Please keep me posted on your progress. Thanks, Teddy Landers

metalkfab

With all this talk about stuffing,I think of Thanksgiving. Somebody please explain what exactly is stuffed cases?

Kip Kern

The "stuffed case" is almost a mirror to the "B" Sachs engine sharing the same small crankshaft but the big difference being the entire crank area, under the cylinder, is sealed shut, with exception of the small area where the rod is located.  This is part of the case casting and results in "kick butt" compression.  The easy way to tell if you have a "stuffed case" engine is to remove the cylinder and head and look for the enclosed crank area! All parts interchange between the "B" bottom and the "stuffed" bottom.  If you want to fly, find one of these!

Paul Danik

Stuffing the crankcase means to reduce the amount of air volume in the crankcase. Just think of it as doing to the crankcase what milling the head does for the topend, increases compression of the air mass. Sometimes a horseshoe shaped ring is inserted into the cases to reduce the area between the  flywheels. I have been told that a stuffed set of cases on a Sachs "D" engine has barely enough room for the rod to fit through. Any of you motor heads out there who can add anything to what I have said or feel than my info is incorrect, have at it!!!!
Paul

metalkfab

Paul,Now that I understand "thanksgiving". What is the difference with cylinders? Could this be in reference to the "GS" tuned motors that were available on some Penton's? If so,I have porting specs from Penton Imports and from a old mag. that explains the difference between std. and "GS".Also E-mail me your address and I'll send you some stainless,serrated foot pegs.

Scratcher

...and I thought 'stuffed' was colonial slang for 'not in very good shape', aka 'b*ggered'..... we learn something new every day!
Cheers,
Adam

Cheers,
Adam
Cheers,
Adam