engine is siezed...bummer!!!

Started by azjay, February 02, 2006, 09:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azjay

i went out back to check the bike, some time last year, during our unusual occurrance of rain, the tarp blew off, rain water trickled down the throttle cable, filled the mikuni carb, ran over into the engine. i dont currently know the extent of the damage, i'm currently soaking the cylinder with atf. my atc250r sitting right next to it, is fine. i am totally bummed out :(

fasmith

Relax a bit. It's not mechanical damage like a cold seizure or a lack of oil, and even though water can make your life a little tough, just do as you are doing, clean, buff away any rust, check the crank seals, and with a little TLC, she will be fine.   Maybe others here can offer more advice.  

What got my attention is that CR 250 powered three wheeler if that atc250 is what I think it is. You own a Banshee as well?  :)

Freddie

azjay

we dont get too excited over set backs, just a little bummed, because it was running when i parked it a few years ago. no banshee, in addition to the '72 six day, '83 atc 250r, '85 atc250sx, '83 atc70, '69 chenowth 2 seater sandrail, mid 70s whitehill 4 seater sandrail,

gthong

ok.. I'll ask.. why did you leave all those cool toys out in the weather.. that's  where soul-less cars live.. not our toys!!!!

azjay

because the '84 harley fxrp, '66 gt 390 engine, toploader 4spd transmission, c6 auto transmission, '82 400m engine, bead blaster, hydraulic press, work bench, rollaway tool box, wooden machine shop tool box, bench grinder, both wire welders, arc welder, drill press, box of body shop tools, flammable hazards locker and 8 racks of vw engine/transmission parts occupy most of my 2 car garage. as a matter of fact, the harley has to be moved out, so that i can get in. i do have a 30' x 60' shop going up out back,(i hope its not too small), concrete was poured last saturday. then all shop support can go out there, and toys can go into the garage. the '85 pontoon boat and '72 tunnel hull ski boat will have remain outside. the garage will get tight(again) when i finish my wife's '66 vw bus and my '42 ford tudor, but they're a couple years from done. i did have a metal tool shed at my last house, that the penton used to live in, at this house, my well pump/tank etc live in the shed.

gthong

I bow to you.. master of all things toys and fun!!!LOL