February 2006 Home Page Photo

Started by Admin, February 06, 2006, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenb23

HMMMMM!  My wife is helping me figure this one out. Could the camera man submit some pics of the left side?
Bob Brizzee

john durrill

Dane,
 Its the one that had a Sachs Top End? Sure looks like a Sachs cylinder and head. Could be a 152 kit or a prototype 175/6 top end? It Looks like a 72 CMF frame .
 John D.

OUCWBOY

Maybe this is a Six Day CMF frame modified for the KTM engine??

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

TGTech

The engine is all KTM; no Sachs parts.

Bob B. Sorry, but we only have one picture at this time. I'm trying to get some more, but this is all we have for now.

Dane

rob w

No that's not a production frame. There's no accommodations for the frame-to-engine reinforcment braces. There's not even a small frame gusset/plate in that area where the upper part of the engine brace would bolt to a mounting tab. And there's no clearance slot in the RH side case for a brace to mount to the engine. I'll bet this bike was built before they even thought of using the braces, or knew they needed them.

BobW

rob w

Hmmmm......I don't believe that particular type of paving material on the street is indigenous to the United States.

Chakka

Rob, I think your onto somthing....that Penton may be located in Italy?

rfpotter

If in fact the picture is European in origin, would not a better guess to the country be the Motherland, Austria?

Patrick Houston
Tennessee

firstturn

Come on guys your getting some traction...[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

This has to be the Jackpiner CMF Prototype, at the KTM facility in Austria.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

taxman

is it the first jackpiner, the one built with a puch engine. used by
Mr. Penton to force ktm into the 175cc market? just a guess.

Jim
Jim

Dennis Jones

OK, We give up what's the story?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Dane,
  Can I give them a hint?  Or better yet some help on where to find the answer.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

TGTech

OK sheriff, throw out a few teasers.

Dane

firstturn

Anyone read the Book on John Penton?  It is in there....look under the index and start narrowing it down.  Good luck and thanks for all the great input for this quiz.  This a very important part of the History of Penton moving from the 100/125 stage to the bigger size bikes.

Just a side note.  Back in the early 70's I couldn't wait for Penton to move to the level.  The next level for me was the 250 class since we didn't have a 175 class in MX.  When I heard of the 250 I had to have one and the Gold Steak was sooo fast it was unbelievable.  It truly was a World Classand Race Bike.[^]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh