Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Thanks to Dane, here are more images:

Lew Mayer

Check out the cool vented airbox cover.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

TGTech

For those of you who attended the POG meeting at the AMA, you may remember Jack Penton talking about a Hansa motorcycle that was sent to us to test after Jack had broken one in half. That machine, had the same sort of airbox in it, that this machine did, with the louvered side cover.

Dane

Kip Kern

Cool, original flat Radaelli's, I love the headpipe, this photo will help in building my Hiro exhaust.  The current sidepanels can be louvered with a bead roller if your careful.

slvrbrdfxr

Nice bike for sure !! Shift lever is just a bit too far from the footpeg for me though. [:0] Thanks for the pictures Dane and look forward to seeing some of the others you have !!
Dave McCullough

wildman

I saw the pictures of the first 250 KTM that Bruce Herbison ever saw, in a recent SKT. It had the same type of louvered LH sidecover.  It looked so cool that I thought about doing a spare cover to match for dry riding. Wondered what it would do for jetting so let it go for now. Anyone ever tried it? Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

gary k

Gussets on the frame look hand made.They are straight sided instead of smooth curves like the production ones. The ones by rear of tank are missing. Rear shocks have chrome dust covers ,unlike production models. Exhaust tip has three springs instead of bolts. It has old style magura levers like the gas pipe frame models.The front fender has a deeper dish than the 72 production model.                      I would guess this is a early 72 prototype.    gary   king
1974 250 PENTON         1976 250 KTM            1998 200 KTM            2007 200 ktm            2007 200 EX             1966 125 ISDT Motoguzzi