Daytona AHRMA entries

Started by Paul Danik, February 26, 2006, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

We've got a fifth bike in the Harley trailer. Due to a rule change this year, one of my events won't allow me to qualify for the Ironman.[B)]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Mike OReilly

This level of interest in AHRMA MX and Daytona by the Penton guys amazes me.
I went to my first AHRMA National at Unadilla in 1990. For me that got the wheels going. I got some bikes together and did some preliminary racing in '93 and '94. In '95 I set my sights on the National series and started off with the Daytona round at Hardrock at Ocala. How many Pentons were there? Not many.
But in addition to myself there was this one other guy from Pa. who was getting back into it - he was flying a Penton banner and I vaguely remembered him as being a team member for the '73 Six Days. When he got out onto the track on his Berkshire it was obvious that he hadn't lost a whole lot of speed over the years. He introduced himself as Paul Danik, and I got a real kick out of the fact that there was another Penton rider there.
'95 doesn't seem like that long ago, but an incredible amount has changed in terms of the level of visibility for Penton enthusiasts in all aspects of the vintage movement - not just AHRMA motocross. Thanks to Paul and to Al B. for your vision and ground breaking efforts, and good luck to everyone headed to Gatorback.
Mike

Paul Danik

Mike,

Thanks for the kind words, I remember that day quite well.  My buddy Augie was racing his 500 ESO scrambler, and as Augie was fond of saying, "we were kids all over again".  

Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Lew,
I don't see the problem.  VMX, PVMX, VCC, PVCC. Looks like you got plenty of classes. You need any bikes?

Mike,
Heck.... Really, it's just all of us Northerners trying to get some rays.

tlanders

I have been working 13 to 15 hour days and weekends (except church)and haven't been able to check the POG site for a while. IF I can finish what I am working on right now, I'll see you guys down there. I am too tired to race though, maybe I can sleep while driving?

GO PENTON!!!!

Teddy

wildman

Sorry folks, my weather curse was for the other guys.
May your trip down and back be safe, may your holeshots be humongous, may your Pentons never foul a plug and will carry you to victory. Have a great time and quaff a few on Main Street for me. My body will be here in Michigan (shivering) but my mind will be at Gatorback friday morning and all weekend. Best of luck, Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125