Daytona AHRMA entries

Started by Paul Danik, February 26, 2006, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

This link will take you to a list of the racers entered in the AHRMA MX at Gatorback, you will need to scroll down from the blank page to get to the entries. Lots of familier names in this list. How about a few words from you guys, and GALS, as to how your Daytona prep is coming along.

http://www.ahrma.org/previews/gatorback_vmx_pre-entry.pdf

Good luck to all of you racers.
Paul

wildman

I actually started my Daytona prep two years ago when watching friends compete there. Last year I joined AHRMA and raced my first MX ever. All part of my long term plan to acclimate to the bike and racing. I trail-rode and practiced at a friends track. This in prep for Gatorback.
This winter I replaced the mag side crank seal and cleaned all grounds for the ignition and coil.Adjusted the clutch springs for less drag. I found a new slide for the carb and put in new gasket, needle and clip and JB welded the guide piece for the slide.Serviced the air box and new filter and sealed the airboot to the airbox. Changed shock oil in the Konis and cleaned the brakes too. Changed damping holes in front fork rods and new oil. Even bought a replica front fender to replace the perfectly good Petty.
I sent in my entry and got it back approved for Sportsman 250 and Open CC races, I'm ready!
Then about 2 weeks ago, (and I wasn't going to mention it), walking out of a Pizza Hut, I turned my foot under and broke my 5th metatarsal bone. DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! No raceing, no bike week, lots of couch. I try to be philosophical, lots of people have it lots worse, it just wasn't meant to be this year. All I can hope selfishly is that it rains like hell and is cold down there this year.( Sorry, those that are going!)
Well, at least the bikes ready for later this year, I had a blast at Portland and Red Bud in 05.I ended a post here in January with Gatorback or Bust!, I'll never do that again! Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

Lew Mayer

Wildman, we'll miss you down there. Hope your weather curse doesn't work though. If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine just pulled a leg muscle BIG time yesterday loading the trailer. Sounds like he won't be making his Jackpiner debut. Yes, Paul, that was gonna be on your bike.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Lew,
   Sorry to hear about Jimmy. I hope he makes a quick recovery and can make the trip.
Paul

Doug Wilford

I will see you all there.   Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Paul Danik

Doug,
    Make sure that you pack your riding gear, never know when a team will be looking to slip a ringer into their lineup.

Have a nice trip, keep Team Penton in line, I have seen you do it before:D

Straightened out years ago.

kelleymutt

Hi there, this is Joe Stearns from Mich.  I am in Fl. for a while and would like to attend this event. Can you please give me the time and date and location? Also is there a Web-site to click on? Thanks, Joe '74 250 Penton

Lew Mayer

Doug, we have a Jackpiner with a fresh top end that might be available to ride.
Joe, the events are in Gainesville Fl. Cross country and trial, Mar. 3. MX on Mar. 5 and 6. Gatorback Cycle Park. Go to link for AHRMA.org for more info.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Randy Kirkbride

Lew,
Save me a spot beside your trailer to pitch my tent. Keep an eye out for my red beetle. I'll probably be in late Thursday.

kelleymutt

Lew, thanks for info I will be there. Joe

Gary Roach

Thanks for the Penton "GAL" recognition! As far as how prep is going...hmmm. I really, REALLY wanted to go to this-so I went ahead and sent in pre-entries, made motel reservations..and THAN I told my husband. To say the least he has spent every night very late in the garage for weeks now. My beautiful, awesome yeller 175cc is READY-A week ago was a different story.Gary had it all apart to go through for the new season(which he thought gave him a few more months...oops-my bad)But he has it race ready for me now-is that a great husband or what?
As for the 250cc of Kent Knudson's that Gary will be racing-let's just say it's in the works. Kent drove to Cinncinati on Sat morning to pick up the cylinder that had been sent out and wasn't shipped back as promised for Friday delivery-than he and Gary stayed up late Sat. night in garage. Sunday morning they met early to go at it again. As of last night, when I braved peeking in the garage...motor was still on the bench, head is still off(but ready to assy) the freshly painted pipe was drying...4 nights left, oh heck yeah, it'll be ready! We'll pull out Friday morning-drive the 13 hrs-return home Sunday night after the races...drag tail at work on Monday. So that's our prep report-my version anyway-
Can't wait to see you at the races.[:X]
Toni

Glenn Berry

Randy, Glad to hear you are making the trip. Lew and I will hopefully get there sometime thursday afternoon, we will be parked next to the Baltimore Harley Davidson trailer,we will have a spot for you.    Glenn

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Randy Kirkbride

Glenn,
Sounds good.  I'll be looking for you.  I thought you'd have the same trailer.... unless you guys would have upgraded to a train car.
I'm staying in a motel on Thursday night in case it's late when we get in, but I'll be camping the rest of the weekend.
See you then.

Lew Mayer

Randy, notice Glenn said we'd be parked "next" to the Harley trailer. We've been downgraded to a twelve footer. Squeezed four bikes in though.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Randy Kirkbride

Lew,
Let's see now.... Is that three for you & one for Glenn?  Are you doing the Ironman thing this year?  I'm going to stick around for the VMX this year.  I've got my camera ready.