Carl Cranke coming to Reunion Ride!

Started by Jeff D, August 12, 2001, 08:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Got an email from Sue Cranke, Carl's wife, this week confirming that he will be coming to the ISDT Reunion Ride this fall, flying in to St. Louis with Fred Cameron.  This is good news for all Penton fans who remember the dynamite Trophy teams of the early 70's.  
Now, like Paul Harvey says, here is the "rest of the story"....I spoke with Carl by phone a couple of weeks ago and he was interested but said he didn't know if he'd be able to come...too much work, not enough hours in the day, days in the week, etc.  A couple of days later Sue emails me for some more info and says she is going to try to talk Carl into coming as he needs a break from work, needs to relax and have a little bit of fun, etc.  Well, guys, this is the kind of gal I want to find!!!  She's a keeper for sure, because she put her foot down and got Carl to tear himself away from work for a few days this fall.  What a great gal, huh?  It will be great to have Carl in attendance this October, thanks to Sue Cranke!!!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Doug Wilford

Sounds great!   Now if we can get Billy Uhl and Jeff Penton to the ISDTR plus Jack, Dane, and Tom then we would have the 73 Trophy Team,  I know you are working hard, and it really is appreciated, by all.

Jeff D

Jack is coming.  He wrote and told me Lars Larsson called him from Sweden (where he is until mid-October) to see if Jack could have him a bike for the Reunion Ride, in which case Lars would come.  
I've asked Jack to inquire of Tom and Jeff.  
Dane told me at the Indy dealer show he'd try to come if his son's racing didn't conflict.
Mike McGowan is keeping the pressure on Billy Uhl, but Bill has just signed on a new trail contract with a ton of work to do.  I told Mike to tell him that work can always wait until tomorrow!
JKD

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell