crankcases

Started by beano, March 09, 2006, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beano

Hi everyone, i am looking for a pair of 1974 250 ktm crankcases,or complete engine,if anyone has one going spare.
 Many thanks Martyn

Chakka

Big Mac

Beano- The ebay cases show as 10/73 mfg date so should be fine for '74 application, but suggest you check to verify the setup on these cases vs. your internals to be sure the kicker shaft is the same. Earlier '73s had the smaller 14mm kicker shaft vs '74 and later 17mm kicker shaft, internals for kicker mechanism differs too. I believe cases are being sold by Victor Moniz who can tell you for sure.

Push comes to shove, I have a '74 250 motor I may part with in whole that I just came into, stuck piston but otherwise fine. Would need a couple hundred bucks for it and it will cost a small fortune to ship to UK(?) as a whole engine so best you shoot for just cases if you can find them.

Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

beano

Thank you for the replies,  the cases on evil bay seller ships U.S only,but will ask him if he will ship to U.K. If not i will contact Big Mac on your kind offer.
 Many thanks Martyn

beano

hi still looking for set of 74 250 ktm cases or complete engine if anyone knows of any
 Many thanks Martyn