ISDT Qualifier entry

Started by mx503, March 27, 2006, 11:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mx503

Is it too late to pre enter for the qualifier in April at Combs?

Bob Peed
Bob Peed

Dennis Jones

AHRMA has April 8th as the cut off to pre enter.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

mx503

Thanks Dennis. I will get my entry in today!

Bob Peed
Bob Peed

tlanders

Hey Bob,

Are you bringing a Penton team with you?????

Teddy

Keithuu

Speaking of the ISDT Qualifier, just what does "tech inspection" entail? One would presume that a virtual stock motorcycle would comply but it would be nice to know details.

I remember what was looked for "back in the day" - basically a kill switch, spark arrestor, and clamped fuel lines, as I recall, in addition to checking for what, if any, street legal equipment was required for that particular enduro. Occasionally an organizer would run a sound check but not as regularly as is done in today's events.

I'd hate to drive 900 miles to find out that I was missing something.

Keithuu
Keithuu

tlanders

Keithuu,

An AHRMA tech will look for loose wheel bearings, throttle return, brake adjustment, rubber hose on rear brake rod end, loose steering head, tied up kick stand, and anything else that may endanger the riders. They have not been consistant on checking the kill switch, even though I think they should. They will not enforce the spark arrestor and I have never seen them look for fuel line clamps.

Don't worry about being axed at tech. Any time someone has something that has to be rectified, there is always someone who can help change or fix the problem. I have never seen anyone denied entry into the event. The idea is to have fun, but have it as safely as possible. Tech inspection is primarily to make sure the bikes are safe to ride. I have benefitted from them a couple times when my steering head was a little loose. I simply tightened it up. Tech inspection is also about making sure the bike is entered in the correct class. If you have any questions about this, just post them and I will try to answer them.

I hope you can make it. Riding a Penton I presume? Are you on a Penton team yet?

Teddy

Keithuu

Teddy;
Assuming I go, I'll be riding my recently-completed '75 250 (remember the "Birth Announcement" post a few weeks back?), presumably in the Post-Vintage +60 class. Geez, I hope "Post Vintage" refers to the bike and not the rider.

Since the bike is so new and the weather has been so lousy, I haven't got anything but "neighborhood" time on the thing. I'm planning on taking it to the woods in two weeks for a shakedown and extended break-in, but that's weather dependent. I guess I'll make a decision in the next day or so and probably just take a chance.

As far as tech goes, all that sounds pretty normal and covered except for the kickstand tie-up. Does everyone bring a milk crate to the parc ferme?;)

Keithuu
Keithuu

mx503

Teddy,
I don't have enough riders to form a team. I will either be by myself or with a friend riding one of my bikes. I would not mind being on a team though.

Bob Peed
Bob Peed

Dennis Jones

Apropriate kickstand appearal is an inner tube rubber band around the swingarm.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

pketchum

Yes, any type of improvised device to hold your bike up in parc ferme is acceptable; extra points are awarded for ingenuity and craftsmanship, or lack thereof. <grin>

At one of the Runion Rides I saw a 4" thick branch propped holding a bike up.

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by pketchum

Yes, any type of improvised device to hold your bike up in parc ferme is acceptable; extra points are awarded for ingenuity and craftsmanship, or lack thereof. <grin>

At one of the Runion Rides I saw a 4" thick branch propped holding a bike up.

Phil

Phil-phase,...did nd you do that to hold up your BMW ????????
Speedy->>>(the....who is everywhere...):D:D:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS