Mikuni Carb Specs

Started by skipperclyde, August 23, 2001, 07:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipperclyde

Can anyone provide me with the specifications on converting my 175 and 125 to a Mikuni Carb.

I'm sure there are many variations.  I'de like to here as many as possible

deek

The one I used is a F21M/VM28-116,for the 100/125.If the 175 is the same specs on the snout, it'll work. The throut on Mikuni
is about 3 MM larger than the snout on the cylinder. You'll have to make an adaptor or
use an insulator out a Bing. I don't recall if the Bing insulator needs to be modified. Measure the Bing insulator outside to outside, and the Mikuni throat opening. They
should be the same or close.

Tom

Beware or let me know what I am doing wrong. Has anyone run into the problem of a Mikuni replacement being to large (long)and thereby making the airbox boot almost impossible to connect to carb. Because of increased dimension of length the boot becomes installed in a distored angle. Because of this condition there is in turn virtually no clearence between top of boot and exhaust pipe. The throttle cable at carb top is close but it will work. This condition is with my '72 6 Days with 1251/6/B motor. Comments appreciated.

skipperclyde

Tom, what size Mikuni are you using and what is the jetting?

Dwight Rudder

I got a VM28 for my Six Day 125, from Sudco.
I haven't installed it yet. I wouldn't put anything bigger than a 32mm on the Jackpiner.
If you want more low end go with a 30mm at only slight expense of topend.
Cher'o,
Dwight

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Tom

Dwight; Have you experienced this "fit" problem I have discribed in this forum discussion? Why does my Mikuni VM30 from Sudco not fit correctly on my Sach 1251/6/B motor and '72 frame? Please read my forum item. Thanks.

john durrill

Their was a guy in Lacy WA. that reconditioned carb body's and slides. He did a pair of amal's for me back a few years. Made up some stainless slides and trued up the bore in the carb.It might be an option for some of you rather than getting new mikuni carbs.I had very good luck with the Bings that came on my Pentons and the base jetting is already out their. Bigest problem i have found with useing a different carb is getting the right needle and neddle jet combo.You can spend a lot of time on that unless you can find someone that knows a good place to start. The address for the guy I used is  Mike Gay Lord  Products , 5417 34th Ave SE. , Lacey, Wa 98503
 I think it was a $50 per carb charge. Think the address for Bing in the US for carb parts is still 824 South Broad , Fremont NE. 68025 . The old 1-800 # I have is 1-800-448-4879 . It might still be good but I bet you local BMW shop could get you Bing Parts if you need them. Hope this helped

skipperclyde

The following is the current information on Bing

BING AGENCY INTERNATIONAL
P. O. BOX 1 · 101 SOUTH MAIN · BELVIDERE, KS  67028
TECH # 316-862-5808  · ORDERS ONLY # 800-309-2464
FAX # 316-862-5699 
email: [email protected]
http://bingcarburetor.com/BING.html

Edited by - skipperclyde on 09/18/2001  4:22:13 PM