Interesting articles

Started by rfpotter, May 17, 2006, 10:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfpotter

There are two articles I found interesting that report on the current state of two members of the Penton family.

First, "Ed Youngblood's Motohistory" site has an article on the Sachs/Hercules 120th anniversary, the companies history, and its current situation.
Secondly, the current issue of "Motorcyclist" (June) has an Alan Cathcart article giving some details of the merger of Polaris and KTM. This comes on the heels of a one page column from the previous issue.

Thought there might be some who like these things as much as I do.

Patrick Houston

firstturn

The Sachs History is very interesting reading since we see it's future moving to Asia.  One interesting note is that one of our very own Penton Owners' Group members is mentioned in the history of The Sachs Company.  Doug Wilford rode a history making ride in 1975 on a Sachs (it won't let me spell the engine design for some reason? first cousin to a rotary design).  It is neat to be able to know people like Doug who helped develope the motorsports world as we know it today.  Thanks Doug for all your time and Wisdom you have shared with this group and the members.  Also thanks for your expertise on the Sachs engine.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh