1968 Penton Centerstand

Started by LeeBuff, June 10, 2006, 08:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeBuff

Is there anyone out there in Pentonville that has a centerstand for a 1968 Penton that I could buy or send me the dementions that I could have one made up. This the one that has the bend at the top frame mount. I need this to complete my 68 Six Day. Any help would be appreciated.
 THank You, Lee Buffenmyer

firstturn

Lee,
  Give it a day or two and if you don't find one.  If that doesn't happen  I will get a '68 out and take some pictures for you.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

3putt

Hi Lee,
Sorry I don't have a stand for you, but do have a sons '68 close by and could take some photos of his unit with measurements for you if needed.  Send me an email with your address so I can use to forward the photos. Good Luck with your project !!  
Nelson McCullough    [email protected]

LeeBuff

Thanks Ron and Nelson for your reply I forgot to enclose my email address it is [email protected]    Thanks again, Lee Buffenmyer

3putt

Lee,   You have mail with a few photos for starters.   Nelson

LeeBuff

Thanks Nelson & Ron for the help on this centerstand project I will have someone local fabricate some for me. If any one else needs one let me know. Thanks again, Lee Buffenmyer

Fortek

If this stand will work for a '70 I need one.  Steve

LeeBuff

Steve,
   The center stands for a 1970 Penton are a little different they are straight and flat at the top mount. The 1968 Penton center stands have bend below the top mount. I'm not sure if a 68 will fit a 70 maybe someone else knows.  Lee Buffenmyer

gooddirt

Is the 68 and 69 centerstand the same type?[?]