pketchum

I'll be riding my 79 KTM 250 GS.

Phil
(Penton in disguise)
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

454MRW

I hope to be riding one of my 1978 MX-6 KTM 250's. (Penton-KTM transition bikes), Does that count? I may also bring a couple of Pentons along with me. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

pakala

Was trying to have a 74 Jackpiner ready, but looks like it won't be done. Unless the penton fairys show up at night and put it all together. Work and life keep getting in the way of progress.
 Will be riding 77' Maico 400GS, at lease it's German.
                       Paul(socal)

Paul Danik

Dwight,

I really like your idea of a Steel Tanker team.  I am taking delivery of a disasembled project bike next week and that may be a great use of that machine.

I talked to Jack today and he will be attending along with JP. Chad and I are planning on riding and maybe Brett will be with us.

I asked Hodaka Paul to equip those Hodies with horns so that we will hear you guys coming up on us, at my age I hate surprises:)

I hope to see and meet all of you guys at this great event.

Paul

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
I like the idea of a Steeltanker team also. My brother Bob and I rode ours Steeltankers together at Zink in 2004 and it was a blast !! The highlight of our weekend was pulling into the the first checkpoint on Sunday and there stands John Penton. We promptly rode over there and got him to sign our tanks. Man was that cool !! I planned to retire the bike after the 2004 RR but had to ride it again at the 2005 RR in New Blaine because my primary bike had an ignition failure just after I pulled away from the starting line. Was having a great ride on the Steeltanker again last year until the back sprocket hub bearings went south causing it to throw the chain and damage the rear wheel. That ended my weekend a bit early but still had a great time anyway. I might be persuaded to take my bike out of retirement if needed. I'd try my best to keep up with you fast guys so let me know. See you in a few weeks in Park Hills !!
Dave McCullough

lksseven

The Tulsa contingent of Jackpiners is ready to put on a riding clinic in Park Hill later this month :D

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

sixdazed

Guys,Be sure to stop by and see my good friend Dave Burst at the Mungenast Museum and tell him i said Hi!.They are working very hard to have a wonderful display of great vintage bikes.I may have to quit my ultra high paying,low stress job as a service manager at a Honda dealer so i can go to the ISDTRR.Sometimes you gotta just say what the.....heck,right?If i can talk Dave out of something to ride when i get there,i may show up.Good Luck to all riding,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Ric,
  Fly in with Skip[:p].

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Ron,That's what i'm thinking.Too long a drive.Won't go unless i can ride though.I'm sure Dave's got something laying around!You going?.....Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

rpage11

Ric

I'll call you in the morning.  I'm flying out of Tucson Friday morning and coming back on Sunday.  I already have a car and hotel room that might even have two beds  ;).  All you need is a plane ticket and someone to feed the dogs.  

Talk with you in the morning, Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

firstturn

Ric,
  I hope to be there and watch since I can't ride.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Road trip!!!!!!!!!

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

firstturn

Ric & Skip,
  We can have our second unofficial meeting of the TTSPC (Tucson & Texas Southwest Penton Chapter).

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

pketchum

Quotequote:Originally posted by [email protected]

Dwight don't get to excited and get all worn out before we start. We need you , Dave Crain and Greg Holder to anchor our Hodaka Trophy team. All of us Hodaka guys are going to enjoy riding with our Penton brothers in a few weeks. See you there !
Paul

Paul,

You guys haven't changed the secret Hodaka handshake on me have you? (after a few years of me riding a KTM, and the 2004 ISDTRR in Tulsa when my KTM rode me!)

Maybe you and your "Band of Brothers" will see fit to let me share your campfire and tell a story or two of our epic battle at Mid-Ohio seeing as I will be picking up a Hodaka Dave (Rozier) built Ace 100A at this years Reunion Ride?

Phil
'79 KTM 250
Phast Phil

pketchum

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dwight Rudder

Just spoke with Ron Ribolzi and he says entries are low at the moment. I feel everyone is dragging their feet on sending them in.  This is a MUST DO event.  You will not want to miss another if you attend.  The Thursday afternoon / night Open House at Dave Munganast's Museum will be a moving Tribute to Dave and his memory.  Please attend if possible.
Please send in your entries and get your friends to do so also.  The club needs to plan the Banquet and put the entries in order for numbering.  Can't wait to see everyone there.
GETTING EXCITED,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't do what I do??  Each year I plan my vacation time which always includes days off for the ISDT Reunion Ride.  When the host club sends out the entry forms I bet my entry is one of the first ten they receive.  Yes, the event is THAT good.  Seeing all your friends and riding with your heros plus seeing all the exquisite vintage machinery is too good to procrastinate.

Phil
'79 KTM 250
Phast Phil