1972 six day for sale

Started by Beck, June 28, 2006, 04:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I am selling my 1972 Six Day. It is in very very good condition, restored in 1994 and riddeen very little since. It was in the Penton tent at Sears Point Vintage Days 2000. Price is 3000.00 Call me if questions.

Blair Beck
925 942 8388 wk
925 363 5111 hme

thrownchain

Beck

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, SAY IT.

Doug Wilford

Blair does some excellent restorations, and he has the awards to prove it.    I am sure this bike is worth every penny.    Let's keep the site friendly.
Have fun!

Beck

Thank you for your kind words, Doug. I also did not mean to type my previous reply in caps.

cubfan1968

Blair I'm in the middle of a Six Day project now, and this sounds like a quality mount. Would it be possible to email me some pictures? It would be much appreciated.

[email protected]

Rod Whitman
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

Beck,
  I too would like some pictures since I have people contact me on Pentons all the time.  Sounds like a nice bike and I hope it goes to a good home.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Any POG member who's done a restoration will tell you 3 k is a very reasonable price for a nice sixdays-it's real easy to spend that in parts alone not counting the price of the bike.i have a friend who spent $8500.00 in parts alone to restore a steeltanker.Good luck Blair,as Doug said i'm sure it's worth every penny.      Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

socalmx

Looks like some people got sticker shock regarding the asking price for the '72 125. We can all remember the days when you could buy a bike in decent shape for around 100 dollars. I purchased my bike intact but needing resoration for 50 dollars back in 1984. Any time spent on ebay will tell you that those days are over. Keep in mind that the asking price on a bike now is based on supply and demand. If the demand was not there (and it always is with a Penton), the price would drop. Basic economics at work.

dkwkid

Pretty, very pretty, but does it RACE?

Chakka

I can tell you having finished a complete restoration of two Penton 125's last year that $3,000 is a bargain. My original investment for the rolling frame was only $100 dollars but add in the big items, frame powdercoating, chrome rims and S/S spokes, engine rebuild, Ignition, gas tank painting....ect. It adds up quick. Couple in a few very difficult and expensive items off Ebay, like the small 72' headlight or 76' GS pipe. You get the picture, its an expensive hobby but the end result is what makes it worth while. When I sped off around the yard on the maiden voyage of my 72' the thrill of feeling 16 again is priceless.

Chris

VICTOR MONZ

Blair:

I met you up at Hanford and had my 73.5 Harescrambler there.  I am intested in your Six Day and transporting would be easy being we are both in CA.  What city are you in....I'm in Hemet.

I would appreciate if you couls send pictures and specs, anything special to my e-mail at [email protected] , thanks and it was a pleasure to meet you at Hanford.....I did win that night in the 250 Sportsman Class.

Thanks again.

Victor Monz

thrownchain

Sorry if I ruffled anyones feathers, just a little frazzled dealing with people who think their junk is gold. Apology to Beck, should have stayed quiet till I knew more. Good luck selling the bike and to the future owner, too.[^]

Beck

No apologies necessary. I probably should have put in a little more of a description, but will do so now. Bike has a perfect pipe and heat shield, toaster tank with no leaks and excellent finish, rechromed radalli rims w/no dings, NJB shocks, new magura levers and throttle. Alloy airbox cover that is perfectly straight. NOS 5a motor w/motoplat exchanged for points (I bought the motor in the box from Mike Mefford). Bike needs nothing but is an older resto so is not in absolutely show condition. Probably 9 out of 10. It is ready to ride as is and needs very little to be a 10 again.

pdserra56

Actually I am not interested in buying another bike (for now), anyway best wishes, the cost is the one nowadays is requested.
I was interested in what Chakka said, and completly agree on that, and for my project I need to control the frame and powdercoating it:Chakka could you give me some suggestions? I am in Virginia, but I think is possible to send the frame where is need it. Thanks for the support \Paolo