How Do I Find a Penton to Purchase

Started by ozscofield, July 07, 2006, 11:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozscofield

What process would you suggest I follow to find a Penton during the next few months.

I will be at VMD and currently am a member of the board of directors at the American Motorcycle Heritage Foundation.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ozzie Scofield
Winston Salem, NC

firstturn

Ozzie,
  First of all welcome to the Penton Owner's Group website.  I'm sure some of our members will be happy to help you with their suggestions and possible some great stories on how they found their Special Penton.  I would suggest you study the pictures on our site that are located on the Home page under Featured Bikes and Photo Gallery and try to narrow down which model it is that you like.  Then I would suggest you gather up all the pictures you have of that model and down load it on you computer and study which particular model you like best of what year.  What I mean is do you want a Enduro of a Moto X bike...etc.  If I can help answer any questions for you please just e-mail me.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

thrownchain

You should also figure out if you what a show bike, a rider or a project. Also what price range your in, condition should reflect price. Figure all that out, then put a post up here, and keep an eye on E bay, sometimes a bargain will come up. Good luck.

Kip Kern

Ozzie, Welcome to the POG, a great group of folks who are always willing to help out!  If you are going to Mid Ohio, that is a real good place to start, be at the swap meet Thursday if possible, being with the AMA,  and hang at the POG site, 12noon, close to the entrance road to the swapmeet.  Vendors enter at 12noon Thursday and from then on out you can watch trucks/trailers full of bikes enter the meet, if you see something interesting, flag down the driver and check it out when he/she gets to their site.  I have found many good deals coming through the gate on Thursday. Friday, all Vendors should be there if coming so make a trip around the meet about every hour,  Golf cart is handy. You can always tell the POGGERS at the swap, they are sweaty and out of breath from "rooting" out the good Penton deals. It is a total blast!  Good Luck with the hunt!  CIAO

Anthony

Hi Ozzie,
I live in Johannesburg South Africa & have owned a 1975 KTM 250 cc which is identical to the Penton of that era.
The bike is in pristine condition,totally original & in good running order.The only fault is it needs a new needle & seat for the Bing carb,I have been battling to find one here in South Africa.
I would consider selling the bike if I am made a fair offer.
It has only done 3500 miles.
Best wishes
Anthony Chavkin
e-mail [email protected]

john durrill

Anthony,
 Look in the members section for  Farmer58za .
 He lives in South Africa and may be able to help with the Bing. Bing sells a kit to replace the float needle and seat. Look in the links section or the suppliers section to get there e-mail address

Bob Slote

Feel free to check out my 72 Penton. Excellent runner. I'm in Northern California. (650-703-4564)