Looking for an MC5

Started by tlanders, July 25, 2006, 01:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

cag33

What size are you looking for? How about a 400?

tlanders

I am looking for a 1977 175 but a 400 would do. Please email me your info to [email protected] .

Thanks,

Teddy

Danny Metz

Teddy,  I also have a 400 MC5.  Mine is a 1978.  It is currently completely torn down to freshen everything up.  Let me know if you are interested.  I can put it back together without doing any further restoration if you are interested.  The bike is complete and runs strong.  

Danny

tmc3c

Danny,I thought you would buzz by me one day on the street with that thing!![:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Danny Metz

Hi Thomas,  As you know, I *thought* about putting my 400 on the street.  I heard from a LOT of people both on this sight and privately about the pro's and con's.  I ultimately decided against it for a couple of reasons.  The main one being that I really appreciate good brakes, and although the drums on my bike are fine off-road, I would not trust them on the highway. A good set of discs are hard to beat!  I may pass you on my Harley though . . . :)  

Danny

tmc3c

Hi Danny, Silver Toyota 4 Runner with a KTM hitch cover and a Penton flag logo in the rear window.Wave when you come by!![:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

eddie

i have a bike for sale! Call me or just post a mes.  (530)828-7596

Thank You, Eddie

texwerks

I have a great 1977 MC5 400. Located in Fort Worth. Needs nothing, ready to go.I can e-mail high resolution pictures. Steve  817-581-9423

tlanders

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your input. I believe I now have collected almost all the parts I need to build this bike. Now if I can just find the time!!!!

Teddy

Bob Seymour

Danny,
What part of the country might you reside and what price range do you feel you need to be in for your bike?    Thanks, Bob

Danny Metz

Hi Bob,  I am in the NW corner of South Carolina.  If all I do it put the bike back together, I will take $1500.  The bike is complete and had fresh everything about 10 years ago.  It has only been ridden a couple of times since then.  It has been stored in my basement since.  The paint is good, but not perfect, but mechanically very good.  I have tons of digital pictures I can send.  If you are interested, give me your email address.

Danny