DKW shirts for Dale

Started by tomale, August 06, 2006, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Dale's wife is Karen, and the story goes that Dale told her all the DKW's in the shop were for Dale and Karen Walter.

I'm trying to help my son Charlie find a girlfriend named Zelda, but that's another story.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tomale

Hey, everyone. Thanks so much for stepping up to help. I have yet to hear the price, I will call my friend tom this afternoon, hopefully we can nail down the price and get that back to you. once that is done I will go ahead and have the shirts made. and we can get them to you. I wonder if we could change the logo just a little and add "D"ale "K"aren "W"alters on the shirt, or maybe add it just below. I know the biggest problem right now is getting the logo in a J peg file, I set the gale doing the shirts a digital picture and she was going to see if she could come up with something... it should not be that big of a deal, the logo is pretty simple, if that does not work I have a friend that can do it, so we should have it all done soon.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

checkcrew

Thom, just a thought, how about the Dale Karen Walters down the sleeves and the DKW logo on the front and back, just my .02 worth !!

Mike Gallagher - 71 Six- Day 125 Steel Tanker, 2- 1972 Six-Days, 73 Six-Day, 74 Six-day, 73 Jackpiner, 74 Mint 400, 76 MC5-400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

tomale

We thought of doing something just like that but it gets pretty expensive to do something like that.... It could be done however, my thought was to put Dale Karen Walters under the logo in smaller letters but enbolding the DKW.... Thanks everone. I am going to email tom with the numbers and we can order the shirts..This does not mean we could not order more, but they will be more expensive to do so....I may order a few extras just to make sure....
Thanks again!

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

thrownchain

How are the shirts coming guys?????????????[^]

Maico 125

Shirts sound great.  I just talked to Dale not long ago and he is sounding much better.  I would go for an XL to wear over the Mikkola!!  Thanks also to Fred at Novation racing for putting a benefit fund together.  

All the Spokane / Coeur d' Alene guys will miss Dale on the track.  If we can get an AHRMA MX here in Montana, we'd like to do a benefit moto.....

Maico 125
Maico 125

thrownchain

Any progress to report on these shirts?? We're waiting patiently!

Big Mac

I heard from Thom on the Dale-DKW shirts project. They have just a .jpeg file of a logo which needs to be converted to artwork before a shirt gets into production. Thom said he's been out of town and all involved have been tied up awhile, hoping to get things rolling soon.

Thanks for the interest and for support of our friend Dale!

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR