FIVE - OHH

Started by rob w, August 17, 2006, 12:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I'm now offically legal to race in a new, and different class.

50 +   here I come.

[:0] Wow, I'm that old ? PHEW ! How'd that happen ?

:D

"50 years on Earth" Bob

Larry Perkins

Rob,

Happy BD Rob, and welcome to the class.  It will be tougher now that you are there!  Perhaps we will get the chance to play again like at Thayer.  I promise this time to have my arms in better shape and not flat, though.  Now we occasionally get to share the track with the likes of Lackey, Grossi, Howerton, and on and on.[B)]  Remember fifty and nifty rhyme.  Because of racing you now go from the old guy to the young one.  You pups.:D  Maintain my friend and congrats!

Larry P

chicagojerry

hee-hee. i was kinda pumped last october when I turned 50. i thought "ok boys, there a new kid in town to race with" :D the + 50 class i hugely tough. i was holding my own on the +40 but the +50 guys were killing me [:0] i'll give you an example, at gatorback this year, i pulled the holeshot with my penton 400. but 4 turns later i was in 8th and i was riding well!!  those "old guys" fly! welcome to the half century class...      chi jer

chicagojerry

oops. thats supposed to be "is hugely tough" not "i hugely tough" [:I]  jerry

firstturn

Bob,
  Happy birthday.  I remember when I turned 40 I thought I would do some cherry picking at a local track.  Since I worked for Honda I just tricked a new CR @ Honda's expense and off we went.  The worst thing that happened was I got the hole shot....those guys were all over me like the new kid on the block.  After the race I visited with some of the guys.  It was like a instant replay of 15 years before...same guys same names except now that didn't have their names on the jerseys.  So Jerry I know what you mean.  Bob you will have fun.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rcrump1

Bob;
What an amazing coincidence. I turn 50 today as well. Who would have thought that in the relatively small and diverse world of the POG two members would have been born on the same day.
Happy Birthday old man.
Richard

Mick Milakovic

Happy Birthday, Bob :D I agree with Jerry.  The +50 class is every bit as fast as +40.  See you at the track [8D]

Mick

tlanders

I was excited when I turned 60, but the excitment was short lived after a couple of +70 guys beat me!!! There will always be a better rider, enjoy the racing while you can.

I can't wait for the Cross Countries this Saturday at Walnut. I fired up my new 175cc MC5 at 0:30 Wednesday morning. I hope to race it Saturday even though I have zero hours on it. I started from scratch so I hope I remembered to tighten all the bolts/nuts!!!

Teddy

crash

Hey guys, I just logged into this site. My name's David (Davee Collins). I grew up in my Dad's Penton shop in Anaheim, CA. in the 70's. I'm looking for a California Steet legal Penton. Any out there?

sixdazed

Crash-Did you race at corona nite mx in the 70's-if so,i remember racing with you there-100 /125 class?Anyway as far as a california street legal bike i don't know anyone offhand but will keep an eye peeled.

Bob-Happy Bitrhday-Here's to many more!I'll be joining you in the + 50 in october.It seems like not long ago scouring the pits to get an adult pose as a parent to sign for me to race.Now we are the old dudes-oh well-cheers,let's go racing,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

crash

Yes, every Thursday Night. If you drive west on the 91 you can still see the one down hill next to the freeway. Our shop was called "Collins & Son" What a blast. I'm now racing D.H. & road bicycles, but looking forward to owning an old Penton or KTM.

Crash

sixdazed

Davee, I think my 57 ranchero(my first go to race vehicle)knew its way to corona from palm springs by heart.We used to come up for the flattrack racing as well as mx and the grand prix's too,and yeah i've been by there a couple years ago and seen the "Staten Downhill" still there from the 91 freeway.Remember Rex doing standing on the seat wheelies down that hill?I do have a titled 72 125 6 days coming from california but i don't know yet if it's been street registered,and lites and signals would have to be added for sure.I'll let you know.Later, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

rob w

Hey Richard, Imagine that, what's the chances - that's pretty cool.
Checkpoint at mile marker 50, Happy Birthday to you.  :D Have a good one.

---------------

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes.

Bob

crash

Ric, cool days. I remember one time Rocket Rex doing the last lap infield section with his chick on the back.
Quotequote:Originally posted by sixdazed

Davee, I think my 57 ranchero(my first go to race vehicle)knew its way to corona from palm springs by heart.We used to come up for the flattrack racing as well as mx and the grand prix's too,and yeah i've been by there a couple years ago and seen the "Staten Downhill" still there from the 91 freeway.Remember Rex doing standing on the seat wheelies down that hill?I do have a titled 72 125 6 days coming from california but i don't know yet if it's been street registered,and lites and signals would have to be added for sure.I'll let you know.Later, Ric

ric emmal

cubfan1968

Bob you're a lucky man now besides your AMA card and your AHRMA card you will be receiving your AARP card.

Happy Birthday

Rod Whitman
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)