piston, rings n rod kit 4 495

Started by johnnyrat, August 25, 2006, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyrat

hey guys if anyone out there can help me find piston, rings & rod kit for ktm 495 also my 82 495 has ohlins rear shock is this standard ? it has australian compliance plate .on the compliance plate it says its gs 400 all other numbers on engine & frame says its definetly 495.one last thing were there different models in the 82 495 eg mx or road registerable 4 & 5 speed any info would be great thanks boys john townsville queensland

Big Mac

The wisdom on 495's is at the Unofficial KTM 495 website...go to Home, Links, and click there. For out of the ordinary old bike rods in the US, Euro-rods will have them or will direct you where best to look: [email protected], phone 561-383-8820, fax 561-383-8821. //www.euro-rods.com

Good luck.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

johnnyrat

have got hold of piston kits. tried euro rods and they cannot help me so if anyone nos where to get some conrod kits would be much appreciated thanks

tofriedel

John,

Try this fellow //[email protected]  He is in Europe, not cheap, but may be the only guy who can help you.  His name is Reinhard Schrem.  He does alot with 495's.

Tony
Tony

johnnyrat

Have tried him he does have them and yes they very expensive. i'll get them off him as a last resort as i'd like to find somewhere cheaper if anyone can help. thanks