76 JACKPINER and 71 PENTAHA on ebay

Started by Larry Perkins, August 29, 2006, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Now on ebay with lower reserve my 1976 175cc JACKPINER and my 1971 Mark Biro built 125cc PENTAHA.  Thanks!  Call (417)862-3478 with any questions.

Larry P

Penton Master

Pentaha ? This has got to be the stupidist idea I have ever heard of.

thrownchain

It may be a stupid idea, but they were built and raced. If you could think it up somebody probably built at least one. And if it worked, they built more. Happens all the time.[^]

firstturn

May be stupid, but the parts were a heck of a lot cheaper.  I like it when someone does something different.  In racing we always were doing something different...like the Elsinore engine in the Penton frame.

Also, the 76 & 77 175 Penton may be the best all round bikes ever built IMO.  Good luck Larry, two nice bikes.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Penton Master,

You are obviously new and a chicken****.  If your intent with your postings was to piss me off, it worked.  Now grow up and be a man and tell me your real name so when we meet I can kick your Stupid Ass!

Larry P

Dennis Jones

Larry,
This looks like another Terry alias. Penton Master, Wolfmanonapenton, Jay Jones, Justin, Kid Sixdays, ect, ect, ect

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

DKWRACER

Dennis, not to forget Todd Applegate. So if you please, would the Penton Master enter, and sign in please [B)]
Thanks in advance
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

rpage11

Oh come on Larry, tell us how you really feel.  Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

tacrac

Hey Larry,
Why get mad at simpletons,it not worth the aggravation.

All I wish is that I had a $3000 lump of ones under my mattress so that I could buy your Jackpiner. Beautiful Bike

Ron

Knute

Larry,

Obviously someone is trying to pull your chain.  If you let them, then they've won.

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

Jay Jones

Hi"Guys!                                                                                                                                            Hey Larry" I liked your Yamaha/Penton and thought your 175 was very nice!TOO!Guys,Please quit confusing me with your so called (JERKS)OK!I am a real person!and have 12 pentons and like other brands too!Im still kinda new,and haven't ever said anything disrespectful so,quit the crap ok!(Pentonmaster) be careful what you say on here because alot of Poggers take stuff personal,and you don't just come on a web page and call The Pentonmans ideas stupid!OK!Or anyone elses?You would not like a person calling something you put alot of time in stupid I bet, so lets keep the(Golden Rule)in mind!here!hope I did'nt step on too many toes here!thanks Jay":)Larry,got any others for sale?

tofriedel

Jay,

Evidently, you have never had a barrage of emails from Mr. Everett or whatever name he may be currently using or been on the wrong side of his beliefs and/or ideas.  If so. you are the better for it.

Tony Friedel
Tony

Ronnie Woods

Jay, I am trying to find a 175 Jackpiner to purchase.  I envy you with 12 Pentons.  Ride KTMs today and have two 200 KTMs.  Had a 380 KTM but sold it as it was to much of a horse for me.  Would like to contact to discuss best source to find a Penton to restore.
Quotequote:Originally posted by Jay Jones

Hi"Guys!                                                                                                                                            Hey Larry" I liked your Yamaha/Penton and thought your 175 was very nice!TOO!Guys,Please quit confusing me with your so called (JERKS)OK!I am a real person!and have 12 pentons and like other brands too!Im still kinda new,and haven't ever said anything disrespectful so,quit the crap ok!(Pentonmaster) be careful what you say on here because alot of Poggers take stuff personal,and you don't just come on a web page and call The Pentonmans ideas stupid!OK!Or anyone elses?You would not like a person calling something you put alot of time in stupid I bet, so lets keep the(Golden Rule)in mind!here!hope I did'nt step on too many toes here!thanks Jay":)Larry,got any others for sale?

Jay Jones

Hi"Ronnie"                                                                                                                                         What year are you looking for?The one Larry had was set up nicely!I would say a late 75"early 76" is the weapon needed for racing,set up like the one Larry had?that particular period had the extra lip around the bottom of the steering head and the good 200mm ribbed (cheater forks)lol!They run a little cleaner and the conical rear hubs are better for racing!The six-position frame can be run in both ahrma classes,sportsman and I think GP?With a set of leading axle cerianis (Better stiffer)or softer gold leg Marzocchis,that like to crack around the pinch bolts!(lookout)!If Ahrma would let you run a early 72-73 175 in the classic 250,they would be competitive against a lot of bikes!The black motors stock had a little more clutch drag than silver motors,Amals were pipier running more so than Bing equipt bikes.There all good but its what ever you want?An early 72"175 would skunk a 4speed husky 250 or an early 5speed 250 husky in tight harescrambles if you rode it like a 125!But out in open places a 250s still a 250!lol!The early 175s are really my favorite but the later they got they handled better!The 77Gs's were the best handlers as were the MC5's!(Lighter chassis)I just never really ever thought my 77 gs 175 was as fast as my earlier blue bikes?it handled nicer and was narrower but just seemed to run hotter?I liked the older motor cause they had the older cylinder and ran larger fins!The pistons were different and the connecting rods were different(I forget which one)I always ran a 12 on the front and a 55-60 on the rear(saves the clutch)and lets you run 3rd and fourth most of the time in the woods with just a stab at the cluch now and then.It then feels like a smaller 250 and ought to handle a 200 pound rider with ease!Let me know what year you need thanks! Jay:D

Jay Jones