Shock Seals

Started by Cliff Cook, September 22, 2006, 09:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Cook

Hey fellas, can anyone tell me of a source for the Marzochi shock seals??  Have searched archives but no luck.  Must be me as I know the subject has been discussed.  Also, I know someone is rebuilding them, but I have several sets of shocks and wish to do myself.  Have done them in years gone by with instructs from a longhaired Dane at the time.  Thanks, Cliff

Tony Price

Cliff,

I'm going to be needing some myself in a short while.  I'll let you know if I dig up anything.

Tony
Tony

Jay Jones

Joe over at Cosmopolitan Motors in Hatsboro,Pa has them and so does'nt Domiracer in Cincinatti,Oh ask Tom or John they wil know?Do you have #2#3#4 with 10mm or 12mm shafts?Ducatis and Laverdas had same shocks.Jay:)

Cliff Cook

Thanks Jay and Tony.  Have done business with John at Domi before.
Cliff

behindbars

Anyone know where to get a set of seals for a set of Koni shocks?

James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

Tony Price

I didn't know Konis were rebuildale??????

Tony
Tony

behindbars

Hi Tony. I'll have to go look again as it's been awhile since I checked, but if my poor memory is working [xx(]it seems that the seal head looked to be removable.

James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

checkcrew

James and Tony, i just looked at the Konis on my Steel Tanker and the seal head looks like it should unscrew, i have seen many times posts looking for Koni shock rebuild kits with no replys, maybe a seal house ??, hope this helps, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 71 Six- Day 125 Steel Tanker, 2- 1972 Six-Days, 73 Six-Day, 73 Jackpiner, 75 Mint 400, 76 MC5-400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Jay Jones

Koni is still in business out in california.A few years ago I called them and the fella out there told me they are exclusivly are doing shocks for offroad baja type vehicles so they did have still a spanner tool and seals to sell me.I would check a local BMW dealer too,as they had a lot of Koni shocks.Joe over at Cosmo may have seals too?There were rear shocks being sold a few years ago to Bmw guys called IKON shocks there Koni copys and may have same seals and spanner tool for seal removal check into it ?Jay:)

harrO

Some time has past since these postings...Has anyone current info on Koni shock rebuild kits/parts or internals that may be interchangeable for the Koni shocks on my '69 steel? Thanks,  Harry

thrownchain

These guys are on E bay as Koni rebuilders: phone #  724 285 6202, or 724 256 8908. Call'em and see if it works for you.

garrettccovington

Don't want to steal the thread, but since we are on rear, shocks, anybody know who rebuilds Bilstein's, if they are rebuildable.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

harrO

Thanks for the lead Thrownchain. I'll give those guys a call.  Harry