Rechroming radaelli rims

Started by t20sl, October 11, 2006, 06:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

I have 3 sets of the old style Radaelli's that I am wanting to rechrome.  They are in really good shape with no dents or flat spots with minor rust here and there and the other set has a little more extensive rust.  Has anyone had good luck with a chrome plater doing these rims with the heavy sidewall bead?  Looks like it will be a bear to polish.  Ted

jay cohen

Teddy, I asked this same question a month or so ago.  I forget who replied but he had great luck with Atlas Chrome in Texas.  I am in the same situation and have decided to get mine powder coated instead, which looks great and is far less money.  I plan to use my Six Days for all types of events and am not all that concerned with authenticity. Still looking for help finding stainless spokes for mine. I think Atlas Chrome is in Dallas and they have a website. Jay

thrownchain

I've heard some guys get the Buchanon spokes and grind off the "B" on the head and polish it up. It's a little extra work, but looks good. An option maybe??

Tony Price

Here's the link to Atlas in Houston.

http://www.atlaschrome.com/

There is an internet price list that lists m/c wheels, but I doubt a set of Radaellis would cost that much.

Thanks for posting about this.  I have a small collection of rims in need of help as well.

Tony
Tony

tacrac

I have a Radelli rim (rear I believe) removed from a 74 Six Day. I do not intend to use it. Free for the price of shipping.

If interested shoot an e-mail.

Ron Corporon
Massachusetts

sixdazed

Ron,You have mail!   ....Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

celcius232

I had a rear Radelli for my '72 Six Days done by a plater in Minnesota I think it is called Deter's plating--I will have to find the address if someone wants it.  It came out absolutely perfect but he wanted $150 plus S&H.  Apparently it is very tough to to hold onto a rim while inside buffing on a wheel. Does Buchanan do quality lacing work?  Brian G.

Brian S. Goodman
Brian S. Goodman

tacrac

Hey fellow enthusiasts (free rim)info. I have had several e-mails inquiring about it and I will answer in the order I recieved them.

This rim needs stripping and recroming anyway but I did not want to throw it away.

Sorry I could't help all of you out

Ron Corporon