1973 JACKPINER PARTS

Started by Rain Man, November 17, 2006, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

I'm hoping these parts aren't to scarce.  I'm looking for a brake rod and yoke for a 1973 cmf frame.  PN 51.03.070.000. I'm also looking for the front and rear motor mounting bolts HH12X265 AND HH 10X150 I'm quite sure the bolts may be obtainable through fastenal
 Thanks guys

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

Al should have the brake rod. Not sure about the yoke. He's on the mend, according to Dale, and doing well.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

OUCWBOY

Rainman,
I don't have the rod, but I do have a few NOS yokes!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

woodchuck

I also need some motor mount bolts.
I need all three (Really need the large one in the rear) for a 75 Mint 400.

Does anyone have any, or know a source?

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton
[email protected]

slvrbrdfxr

Raymond,
If you haven't found a brake rod yet, I have a complete used one with yoke, spring, clevis pin and adjusting nut from a 74 125 Six Day. It's a little rusty but should clean up fine. I measured it for length against my 73 Jackpiner and looks to be the same. Sorry no engine bolts. Let me know if you still need the rod.
Dave McCullough

Bob Seymour

Chuck, Do a search thru the Fastenal Conpany for the engine mount bolts your seeking. They have been a helpful and reliable source for me in the past. There is a store local to me I could inquire for you if you have no luck online.   Bob

bkinnon

Raymond,

I probably have what you need somewhere in my mess. You are welcome to whatever you need. Any luck duplicating the fork brace?.

Bill

Downeast Pentons- Central Division
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

woodchuck

Bob thanks for the tip, I'll check them out and let you know what I find.

Chuck Purinton

Rain Man

No luck with the fork brace Bill,  I'm hearing mixed reactions about them and decided there more of a hassle then what its worth, I'll be calling you on the other parts,  soon.

Dave the original 74 JP had a conical hub with an all together different brake rod set up.  The 73 had the straight hub with the brakes on the kicker side (LH)  I need the the straight hub parts.
 I'm not sure when the big switch aroo between real wheels occured ?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

slvrbrdfxr

Raymond,
Rod I have is from a 74 Six day. No conical hub on the 74 Six Day so I'm pretty sure this is the rod you are looking for. It's identical to the brake rod on my 73 Jackpiner. Shoot me an email and I'll send you a pic.
Dave McCullough

woodchuck

Bob, just for your information that rear motor mount bolt is 265mm long and the longest 12mm bolt listed at Fastenal is 80mm.

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton

Bob Seymour

Chuck, Give me the exact size of the motor mount bolt you need and I will inquire at the local Fastenal store for you sometime next week. I purchased a 8mm X 140mm lower engine mount bolt there for my 79 KTM 420 and it seemed the guy at the counter derived its availability thru there special order system. It took them about 4-5 days to get it in.
                    Bob

woodchuck

Bob,
The rear bolt is 12mm by 265mm long.
I'd appreciate any help/leads.

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton

Bob Seymour

Chuck, I had a oppurtunity to stop at my local Fastenal atore today and check on that 12mm bolt your searching for. I spoke with "the man" Chris Orlando the assistant manager, and sure enough this guy allways come thru. For the life of me, I could'nt recall the exact length you needed but nonetheless they can get you a 12mm bolt with partial thread (not theaded the entire length, which is more desirable) in up to 320mm in overall length. I mentioned 240mm and he gave me a part # of 35112. This is a hex head bolt m12 X 240mm with 1.75 pitch thread. The lengths go up in 20mm increments to 320mm. Price for the 240mm was right around $8.40 each with about a 4-5 day delivery time. Chris can be reached at the Fastenal Duquesne,Pa store @ 412-469-9915
                                                  Bob

woodchuck

Bob, can't thank you enough.
I'll call Chris today.

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton