GS 175

Started by and123dog, December 13, 2006, 03:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

and123dog

Hello, I am a new member, I live in the UK and have a 77 175 GS6 and am in need of some parts can anybody help please?, I need a kickstart shaft and kick start lever also a complete exhaust system, and a tank bag, are these parts hard to come by?
thanks,
Andy

jon

Go to the suppier section for parts, between all of them you should find all of it.I've had good look with pentonparts.com and if you have the parts # e-mail [email protected] ask for Andre.

Big Mac

Check out Ebay USA listing right now, search "77 KTM". There's a 175 GS6 all there as a parts bike, less forks/triples, seat and wheels. Was going cheap. If nothing else, follow with the acution winner who may be parting it out.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Chrisbo

Hi Andy,

You occasionally get things coming up on Ebay in britain but for the smaller stuff you are better off looking on Ebay U.S.(Postage for a complete pipe will be extortionate) Al Beuhner's site http://www.pentonpartsusa.com/ is great although you can't contact him by email so it's either a fax or try and work out the time difference to give him a call!!
Ellastone Offroad 01889 590186 might be able to help with some second hand stuff and Jim Aim motorcycles http://www.jimaimracing.co.uk/ are about the only ones who will entertain the older stuff. You need to speak to either Will in the shop or Jim himself when he's there as he has a stock of the older parts but they're his and he's retired and is only in the shop every so often so it might take a while for him to get back to you or for them to get you an answer.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Chris.

DKWRACER

Andy, just an update for the 175cc GS pipe. I recently purchased a NOS MC5 175cc pipe from Lee Brown and have forwarded it to Mike Winter.
Our hopes, are that this pipe makes it to Kevin @ Circle F to be used as a template for a GS configuration (175cc). This may take a bit of engineering due to the inlet of the exhaust flange and the clearance of the first portion of the pipe and the adjacent downtubes of the frame. In addition, the rear section needs to be stretched a-bit to accomodate the GS frame. Have also posted a message not too long ago about the status of pipes in general, to garner some support regarding these matters.
There is a wealth of information, and there are things happening behind the posts, another "enduring" feature of the POG Forum!

Thanks for posting!
Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons [:p]
Thomas Brosius

Tony Price

The 78 bike on the Bay was ended early.

I hope the seller did well because he missed some good late bidding that was set up by a committee.

Tony
Tony

Paul Danik

Andy,

Welcome to the POG message board. Would you be kind enough to give us a bit of a run down on the vintage motorcycle activity in the UK?  Are there many Pentons around?  Do you have many vintage events to go to and if so do you ride in them or mostly show? I don't mean to be nosey, just curious.

Thank you, and again welcome aboard.
Paul

454MRW

Tony,
I emailed the seller to see if it was sold for sure, or if he was taking offers. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S

**according to the seller, it is no longer available due to unusual circumstances**Darn! Mike
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

G Ellis

Andy, I have a kickstarter shaft and kickstarter lever. I wouls check with AL first, if he doesn't have the parts email me. Hope this will help Gary Ellis