Vintage Husky

Started by t20sl, December 14, 2006, 02:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Has anyone had dealings with John Lefevre at Vintage Husky?
   I have finally reached my breaking point with him after over about 3 months.  Short story version:
   Bought 2 fenders and 3 number plates with his word they were returnable if they did not meet my needs.  About $129.  I returned them immediately.  Asked for refund.  About 3 weeks go by, nothing.  Call and talk to him and decide to order 2 fork wipers, and 2 used Betor damper valves. He would enclose difference with parts.  Receive parts, no problem but no refund.  Call him and he says that I would only get $35 back.  Kind of expensive for 2 damper rods (used) when you can by Betors used complete for $150, but I agreed. Asked for refund to be put back on credit card or mailed.  6 weeks go by, nothing.  Email several times.  Emailed few days ago and was told he thought trade was fair.  I disagreed and reminded him of what he said.  He asked for list of what was returned and what  he sent to me 2nd time.  Then he sent email stating that I would have some a balance owed and did I need anything else.  I said just send a refund. He emailed me today, (just a day later) and claimed he owed me nothing and his time was worth something, wasn't his fault I didn't want the fenders.
   Split personality or just a total jerk?  In my opinion I would never deal with him or ever recommend anyone to him.   Ted

Rocket

Ted
I sent you a personal message.
Rocket

firstturn

Ted,
  You ask the question so I will respond.  I have done business with John and never had a problem.  I have bought some items that were pricy, but that was the going rate.  You ask.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

lksseven

That's bad business by Vintage Husky.  

Sounds like he's got poor tracking procedures and something going on in his life that is taking his eye off the ball.  No excuse, though.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

t20sl

Ron:  Price wasn't the issue.  I throw away that much money in the food vending machine at work.  Read post again.  His honesty is the issue.  I am sure if your just buying everthing goes ok for the most part.  Try getting money back though.

firstturn

Ted,
  I actually did read the entire post....I am responding to the your first sentence which was a question.  I just said the price thing because I wanted to.  Since this is a site that anyone can respond to I feel like you told your side of the story and I answered the question you ask...

Has anyone had dealings with John Lefevre at Vintage Husky?

I hope you get your money back, but my dealings with John has been good.  If John reads this site, which I have no idea nor do I care, I hope he responds.[|)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

I have to put my 2 cents in here....first I have dealt with John and had no problems.

THANKS..........GOT IT!

imported_n/a

I'm sorry to read of your bad experience with John.  I have had always enjoyed dealing with Vintage Husky.

gooddirt

Hold him to his word for the returnable statement that he made! He should know that customer is always right ,and in your case I think you are.I have had a few deals not bad, but I think for the prices he charges one should get some type of return service. Hey what about your wasted time. He is not a viking king!!!!  who puts the food on his table?[:X][:X][:X]