Source for alloy fenders?

Started by Marc Biro, December 14, 2006, 09:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Biro

Who is offering as correct as possible alloy fenders for a 1970 125 Six Days?

Thanks

Marc

linglewn

There is a previous thread that discusses the width, curvature, end radius, etc for the penton fenders. The ones that I found at Classic Motorworks, Faribault, MN, 507-333-0714, are close but not exact. They worked really well on a '72 Jackpiner after cutting to length and polishing. They are listed as Royal Enfield fenders, 21" front, 18" rear. The part number for the set is Z90602, and the price was just over $100, including shipping. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

Marc Biro

Tony Price

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Do you know of a way to reproduce original looking Sachs engine ID tags/plates. ? I need one for a 1001/5A.
Thanks.

I could use one of the 1001/5A tags as well.........

Tony
Tony

john durrill

Tony,Bob,
 Try the Hammers, http://www.motorrad-klassiker-ersatzteile.de/html_eng/hercules.htm
 They carry a lot of Sachs military parts. They may have or know where to get the Engine plates. I cant find a part # for the plates just a description of it and a picture in the Penton manuals. Leo or Speedy may also know of a source.
John D.

Ron

Marc,
I just put a set of the Enfield fenders on my 72/73 Six Days 125 a couple weeks ago..
My bike is in MX trim (I live in southern California) with a Hi-Point mud flap on the bottom of the front fender.
The fenders radius is for a 21" wheel, but the fender was intended to mount down on the tire. The radius is not quite right when mounted below the triple clamps, but it still looks pretty good.
They polish pretty easy if you have a wheel and the right compound.
If someone can tell me how to add a picture, I'd be glad to post mine.
RonW

tofriedel

Marc,

The following site manufacturers replacement fenders, chain guards , exhaust systems, skid plates, foot pegs, etc. for both early and later model Pentons.  I have been told that they are as close to original design as you can possible get.

http://www.pillondorino.com/HomePage.htm

Also, check my replies under "1976 250 gs siliencer" discussion topic for further information and availability.

Tony
Tony

cubfan1968

Tony, the fenders look pretty good. Have you ever purchased anything from this site?

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Marc Biro

Hey Poggers,

Thank you all for the replies. looks like I have a few options. Did the 70/71 Six Days have a mud flap on the rear of the front fender?

Bob W,

I got a quote a couple of years back for reproducing the ID plates but never pursued it. Sorry. I believe with the setup work and 20 ID plates, it was around $200.00

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

Marc Biro

Ron,

Thanks. looks like a front mud flap is in order.

God Bless

marc

t20sl

Tony:  Do you have an email address for the Italian place?  Ted

Ron

Ron,
Can you explain how to add a photo the way you did yours? I wanted Marc to see the Enfield fenders I used on my cmf.
RonW

firstturn

Ron W,
  I just copied the address and pasted it to the response.  If you need more help just email me.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

linglewn

If you want to see another example of the Enfield fenders, go to jeffrocam.com and click on 72 Penton.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125