Wanted: Shocks

Started by Mike Stephenson, December 14, 2006, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Stephenson

I am in need of some useable shocks for my 76 Cross Country 250 - would prefer something longer than stock - around 14 to 15" length.

Email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan

Mike Stephenson

I am still in need of some shocks.  Stock length or slightly longer.  Not looking to spend a ton of money, just something not leaking and usable.  LMK if you might have something appropriate!  Thanks

Mike

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan

chicagojerry

i may have something. i'll try to check this evening when i get home.   chi jer

Kip Kern

I thought there was a set of NOS longer S+W"s on Ebay right now.  Look under "Motorcycle Shocks". CIAO

Mike Stephenson

Jerry - I would appreciate that.  Email me direct at [email protected] when you find out.

Will you be going to the Feb. POG meeting?  I may be there.  It will be my first, and I guess I will need to sign up as a member then to wont I! (it just occured to me I have not done that yet!)

Kip - Yep..I saw those S&W's and just bid on them, got beat out in the last 17 seconds of the auction with a higher max bid than mine!  Oh well!  

Thanks guys.

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan

Bob Seymour

Mike,
I think I might have a decent pair of 14.5-15 inch Bilsteins with the remote cannisters that were factory originals from a 79 KTM 250 that are in bolt on useable shape. I'd like to get $100.00 + shipping for them if that would work for you.
                                                Bob

chicagojerry

hey mike, i'm having trouble sending a note directly through the site here. but a i have set of progressives 14.25 or a set of red wings 13.75. i can't make the POG meeting at the museum. i'll be at the ahrma opener in phoenix the same weekend. going to a swap meet in the morning. i'll keep my eyes open for something that may work for you.    jerry
drop me a line directly at
[email protected]

tofriedel

That Legends site also has other dirt bike parts, handlebars, throttles, switches, etc.

http://legendsmc1.tripod.com

Tony
Tony

Mike Stephenson

Rob W - actually if i dont find something low cost, used I very well may do those Legend shocks myself.  I emailed them a while ago actually.  I like the idea of being able to spring them to my weight.  Still, I hope to come in less money than that (though that seems to be a good price). Where are you located?  It would be great to hook up with a nearby Penton fan!  Plenty of local trails, accessible right from my driveway, plus a harescrambles type loop on my property to ride.  We could get Young Ted to join us and have a mini Penton get together!

Bob and Jerry - thanks!  Can you email me pics?  I will send each of you emails to assure you have my address.    FYI - after tonight, my intenet access will be sporadic at best for the next 5 days or so, so if you dont hear from me for a few days, dont sweat it,  I am however potentially interested in any of the shocks you guys have offered up.

Mike

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan

shpclay

There several sets on ebay. A nice pair of works performance either on the penton parts pr husky parts.

Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90