wanted 73 hare scrambler pictures

Started by auto, December 20, 2006, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auto

Where can I get or could some post 73 1/2 hare scrambler official penton photos.I'm starting a restoration on a early scrambler with a yellow toaster tank.Every picture out there is a restorted bike with the smaller mx tank.Would really like to look at something printed by Penton imports that introduced the hare scrambler. Thanks

Randy Kirkbride

Auto,
Send me an email & I'll return with a 73 brochure.
[email protected]

Kip Kern

Don't forget too, the very early Gold tanker 250's had aluminum fenders on them.  Too cool:D

auto

That's just what I wanted to hear.Something told me it use to have alum fenders by the front fender mount that was on it.To me a Penton just looks better with alum fenders. What would the head and tail light have been.

firstturn

Randy,
  Does you brochure show the bike with Aluminum fenders?  My early one had plastic fenders???

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

auto

I just got randy's pics.Too bad for me,it's a MXer with plastic fenders.It is still very helpful.Kip if you have any pics showing a early scrambler in enduro trim sure would like to see it.

DKWRACER

Auto, it would be nice, to introduce yourself to the Penton Owners Group. The 73 Penton is the 2007 "Bike of the Year".
It also presents some challenges, that are yet to be discovered. Your post is "most" enjoyable, because of it's history.
There are historians, here, that will give the "best".
This is the POG way.
Great post!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

auto

Hellow,My nane is Joe Adomaitis from S.Jersey.I am beginning the restoration on a 250 hare scrambler.It was rough but fairly complete.It has a yellow toaster tank on it.That is the way I would like to follow through with the resto.That is why I thought it might of had alum fenders on it originally.I do have another penton.A 71 steel tanker.I restored it years ago.There was an add in Cycle News from Penton Centrel in Texas.They were selling off their invontory CHEAP.Gas tanks 20 dollars,alum fenders 6 dollars.Anyway I think this project will cost a little more.Any info I could get would be greatly appreaciated.

lksseven

Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

auto

Larry,nice picture.Any ideal where it originally came from? Thanks alot

DKWRACER

Auto, thanks!
If you look into the Fire, what will you see?
"Penton" embers.
If you look into a mirror, what will you see?

A member of the POG.......
LT
Thomas Brosius

lksseven

Hi Auto,

I ran across it just tonight.  go to http://www.ktmimages.com .  Click on 2003, click on Promotion, then click on Calendar 2003

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

rob w

Hi Joe,
 If the bike's stock appearance has been lost because of missing, broken, or altered parts,
and you can't trace the bike's background through past owners.
 The biggest indicator you have to help you recreate the machine to it's original state - is it's frame and engine numbers.
 From there you may be able to match your numbers with another Penton owner that has the same model with the same "born-on" date.
 Or it can be helpful comparing other bikes that are close to the same numbers, trusting or confirming they're built as original of course.
 It's hard to find a good picture of a Hare Scrambler with alloy fenders, I know they made a few, but they were replaced with plastic before very long. I think if you find some pictures of Jack riding qualifiers in '73 - he was one to ride the ealiest of Hare Scramblers, you'll find one with aluminum fenders there, along with the small headlight he used. (the large headlight was more commonly found on the '73 Enduro models)
I'd be interested in hearing what your frame number is.
Bye for now,
Bob W

Mike O'Reily (SP., sorry) has a very nice '73 Hare Scrambler enduro with toaster tank, etc.

Kip Kern

Joe  I have to dig but I have one (photo).  I think it was in the "Keeping Track" or "Keep em Winning" newsletters that Penton Imports gave to dealers and owners.  I don't remember any lighting equipment as this was an accessory add on feature to the machines.  I'll do some hunting here this week!  CIAO

shpclay

Larry you have plenty of pics of that 73. Just looked at the 2003 promotion site. The bike I just bought is just like it except the headlight.

Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90