Little Burr Vintage Enduro

Started by p3mn256, January 16, 2007, 06:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p3mn256

Ok guys this is what i have on the vintage enduro  It will be posted on our web site soon.  //www.enduroriders.com   This Vintage Enduro will be run on Saturday September 8 2007. That is the day before the 50th Annual Classic 200 Mile Little Burr Enduro. This will be a FUN enduro thru the Zaleski State Forest and around Lake Hope State Park. The purpose of this event is to commemorate the long standing tradition of the Little Burr  and the Men and Bikes who made this event what it is today.  This is  a AMA sanctioned event and you will need a AMA membership to ride. You will need a headlight, taillight , and lic. tag ["enduro legal"].  it will be run at 24 mph, no computers or digital odo's allowed. Classes will be   Lt WT 0-175  Med Wt 176-250  and Hy Wt 251-Open. For non-vintage bikes we will have a Sportsman class. There will be Three Trophies per class including sportsmen and a Overall. Sportsmen class will not be eligible for the Overall.This is a NON-points paying event. For this event vintage will be air cooled , drum brakes, twin shock, anything else can run in the sportsmen class . WE ARE INVITING ALL PAST  LITTLE BURR OVERALL WINNERS TO ATTEND A SPECIAL AWARDS CEREMONY AFTER THE ENDURO.  IF YOU KNOW ANY PLEASE HAVE THEM CONTACT ME .  10:00 am key time. No gas truck. $30.00 entry fee.  73.5 miles from start to finish, 36 miles to Gas stop. for more info call steve at 614-891-1369 or email at [email protected] or go to our web site at //www.enduroriders.com  
Thanks steve barber  Enduro Riders Assoc.

steve barber
steve barber

t20sl

Steve:  Sounds like a fun day.  My only concern is your definition of vintage.  Why not also include 1974 or 1975 as a cut off year?  You will possibly have bikes like a 78 Honda CR250R, Husky late 70's and early 80's with 11 to 12" of wheel travel running against say a Penton with 6" front and 4" rear.   Ted Atkinson

mxpenton

Mr. Barber, I think your enduro is a great idea.  Wish my Rokon was running.  You may consider putting the vintage bikes after the modern bikes start so they don't get run over.  I also think it would be a good idea to add a suspension travel maximum length to your vintage class for better definiton as was previously stated. Robert

p3mn256

vintage bikes will be starting first with a ten minute head start. i don't think many drum brake , twin shock , air cooled bikes will have too much travel but if its a problem we could go with maybe 8"  front and rear. we don't want to get to techical as this is suppose to be a fun event. the trails i have layed out are really nice and suspension should not be a big factor.  now   you have six months to get that rokon ready   so get to it !!!    steve
steve barber

tlanders

Hey Steve,

My 1980 MC80 Penton (KTM) has 10 or 11" travel, twin shocks, drum brakes and is considerably faster than my 1973 Hare Scrambler with 4" rear travel, twin shocks and drum brakes. So the newer vintage (by your definition) bikes will have a definite advantage. However, if you put the suspension limit on your vintage bike class as others have suggested, you will reduce the amount of entries a lot I think. I am the score keeper for AHRMA's cross country series and we get almost exactly twice as many Post Vintage (1975 to 1984) bikes as vintage (pre 1975 and 4" max rear wheel travel). Since you have an aggressive average of 24 mph, the Post Vintage bikes will really have an advantage. We usually average about 15 to 18 mph in the AHRMA Cross Countries, with the PV bikes always beating the vintage bikes, and we are going as fast as we possibly can for an hour. Maybe you will have a lot more open road. Just food for thought. I would love to come to your event but I don't think my schedule will allow it.

Teddy