Jackpiner Carb

Started by husky450cr, January 17, 2007, 04:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky450cr

I have two 1972 Jackpiners...one with a 30mm Bing that runs great.  The other with a 32mm Bing that runs rich.  I have jetted as lean as Bing makes jets and it is still to fat.  I say rich, although I should quantify that statement...if I ride the bike, it screams pretty good.  But, this is my wife's bike and she likes to putt around so it loads up real bad.
Anyway, I am not having much luck locating a 30mm Bing, which leads me to my question...does anyone know of a supplier that makes a carb to cylinder boot or fitting to adapt a Mikuni or Keihin carb (or is this question total sacrilege...?)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shawn Warner
Shawn Warner
(2) 1972 Penton 175 Jackpiners

thrownchain

Have you tried switching the carbs to see if that's the problem??

husky450cr

No, I haven't...  

Thanks for the reply.

Shawn

Shawn Warner
Shawn Warner
(2) 1972 Penton 175 Jackpiners

john durrill

Shawn,
 If the 30 mm does the same thing on the bike the 32 did you might try gearing it down. What sprockets are you running on the one that has a loading problem? If you can gear the bike down enough that your wife can stay on the pipe at a speed she is comfortable with it should run fine with the carb set up stock.
 John D.

hrbay

Shawn,  If slide is fine, you may need more air at idle and mid range for that engine, which would require a larger cutaway on your slide, it may just be too much carb.

GC
GC