Found a Jackpiner, had to buy it

Started by Big Mac, February 01, 2007, 11:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

WOW, now that's a beauty and a rare one. Don't think I'd want to get that one dirty or run it through the rocks!

It's told there were only 5 of the 125 LE's made, and yours is the 2nd owned by a POG devotee (that's 40% of the run). At least 3 of the 133 200 LE's are owned by POG members per above. Wonder about the rest...

Suggested to the POG webmaster that the right place for a "30th Anniversay KTM LE" registry is an add-on to this site. No feedback yet.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Paul Danik

Robbie,

If you are who I think you are, I talked to you at the Cleveland motorcycle show a couple of weeks back at the IX center.  Your Grandpap may have a Six-Day sitting aound somewhere, have you checked in all the cornors?  I did give him a call and we had a nice chat, thanks for giving me his phone number at the show.

Nice to hear from you, and welcome to the POG message board.

Paul Danik
Old Penton rider from years gone by.

Robbie

Hey Paul!!

How's it going??

Glad you talked to my grandpa, he's pretty bored a lot!!

generalbay

Very nice and rare bike. I heard that they only made 5 of these. I had read that they were making 100 blue ones and 25 green ones, as it turned out they made 133 of the blue ones and I heard only 5 of the green ones. Can you tell us if that's true? Just curious. dd

Robbie

There's only 5 green and I think 277 of the blue.

the original plan was 5 and 133.  I'm pretty sure they made another run of the blue 200's.

The Jack Piner we have actually won the Jack Pine Enduro,
I think Alan Randt or Alan Gravitt rode it to victory.

Who is the POG member with the other 1997 Six Days 125??

Paul Danik

I am really pleased to be able to tell you guys who Robbie is.  Robbie Bush is the Grandson of a former Penton dealer by the name of Don Bush. Their shop was located in Ohio, I think the town was Belprie, but I may have misspelled it, and I believe the shop was called "The Bike Shop". Don Bush's son, Robbie's Dad Rod, was a very good friend to many of us and he is truely missed. We could fill the page with Rod's accomplishments on Penton and KTM motorcycles, but Rod was also quite well known as the guy who started at the bottom at KTM and rose to the top.  Today Robbie works with KTM as a Dealer Rep.  

Robbie, we sure are pleased to have you with us on the POG message board, and please feel free to correct anything that I have stated incorrectly.

Again Welcome aboard.
Paul

PS  Robbie I will have to tell you the story about how your Dad helped me at the ISDT in Italy, but first I need to see if the statute of limitations has run out.

generalbay

You are wrong on the number of blue 200s ,I have #5 of 133.Thanks anyway.dd

Robbie

You are wrong on the number of blue 200s ,I have #5 of 133.Thanks anyway.dd

I'm pretty sure that they made another run.  I have 1 of each.

Also, Paul, the Bike Shop was in Parkersburg, WV