carbs. 175 Jackpiner

Started by metalkfab, October 08, 2001, 04:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

Does anyone have knowledge of tuning a Lectron carb for a 175 'Piner ? Hi-point sold these units for Pentons.

john durrill

metalkfab,
I have a 77 manual for Penton engines. In it is some information on tuning Lectron carbs.
In the front are some specs for them also.
Would this be of help?
John D.

john durrill

metalkfab,
I lost the e-mail you and Bob in Va. sent me so ill send the info to the e-mail on her for you. Bob please send me another message and ill reply with the info I have on lectrons,
sorry guys for the hold up
John D.

metalkfab

John,Thanks for the info.Now who knows where I can buy the needle jet ?

john durrill

metalkfab,
You might try droping a line to Rick Grant
i think i saw he used on on a herc. He is a POG member and might be able to help. I can do a post on the vinduro group if you like ,
found out that several of the guys have Lectrons and most are not on the bikes.
Hope this was of some help,
John D.

metalkfab

I took off the Bing and lo-and-behold,she sarts on the 2nd kick.Need to replace the needle jet 'cause she doesn't run clean at open throttle or is there something I'm overlooking?

john durrill

Dont know for sure metalkfab but their is a length setting . Is the needle set to the length in the info i sent?  The A length should be 49 mm according to the chart. If thats right then you would need another needle a different # . The needle should have two #'s on it the first is the full load (main jet) range. you would need a 4 if you have a 5 if you want to go leaner. What ever the second # is get it the same . Thats the mid and low speed range.
 Try Rick I think he has one working on a Hercules. He would know better any other tips.
 John D.

Edited by - JOHN DURRILL on 10/16/2001  7:13:23 PM

john durrill

metalkfab,
Talked to Rick Grant last night. He def. has Lectron info you can use. drop him a line .
[email protected]
John

john durrill

metalkfab'
here is the info i got from Rick, hope it helps....the setup for Lectron and 175cc Herc/Penton is:  34 mm carb with a
#3-1
needle.
John