Penton racer at Barber event

Started by Paul Danik, February 18, 2007, 11:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

In the latest issue, March / April 2007, of Motorcycle Classics is a story about the Barber Vintage Festival.  They have a nice write up with lots of pictures.  A Penton racer is shown at the start of the one race, his tank is blue and his number appears to be 61, but his leg blocking part of the number. Maybe it is one of you guys. It is a KTM powered machine.

This issue also has a write up on Hodaka along with its usual interesting variety of articles.  Motorcycle Classics has become a cover to cover read as they have a very interesting spectrum of articles, hopefully they will continue to move towards giving off road events and machines more coverage. Thanks to Ted Guthrie for getting me to try out this magazine.

Paul  

Cliff Cook

Paul, where do we subscribe?   Cliff

jay cohen

Cliff, Check out their website, //www.motorcycleclassics.com
You can subscribe on the website.

Paul Danik

I have trouble getting their website to come up sometimes.  Their phone number is 866-624-9388  6 issues per year for $24.95  Online they have some better subscription rates.

Ask for a free trial issue, they promote that in their magazine.  If it works fine, if not, nothing lost.

It would be nice if you could view their website as it presents a nice look at what they are trying to cover.

Paul

OhioTed

In addition to what Paul mentioned, the Penton motorcycle in the photo is running full enduro gear, with headlight, taillight, and enduro silencer, yet is right up there among the dedicated motocross bikes.  Classy and impressive.

Cliff Cook

Thanks Jay and Paul         Cliff

Jeff D

I think Teddy "Lightning" Landers runs 61D as his AHRMA number.  I haven't seen the photo in question yet, but I know one of Teddy's favorite rides is his 'piner.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell