REGIONAL AND NATIONAL PENTON RACING NEWS

Started by Larry Perkins, October 15, 2001, 11:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Over the weekend the following Penton riders clinched Midwest Regional Championships in motocross:
Ted Landers- Over 50 Novice
Larry Perkins- Historic 250 Intermediate

The following Penton riders have clinched National MX Championships.  These are  NATIONAL CHAMPIONS and they rode PENTONS.
Kevin Brown- 250 Expert
Gary Roach- 500 Expert
Gary Roach- Open Age Expert
Kevin Brown- Over 40 Expert
Chris Richardson- Historic 500 Expert
Brad Kennard- GP 250 Expert
Bob Garner- Over 50 Intermediate
(Bob rode some on a CZ but we will claim the Penton part)
Larry Perkins- Historic 250 Intermediate
Larry Perkins- Historic 500 Intermediate

The folowing Penton riders have clinched National Cross-Country Championships.  Again they are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS and they are riding PENTONS.
Larry Perkins- Historic Intermediate
Jesse Livingston- 250+ Novice

Some Cross-Country titles are not decided and the battle will go into the last one of the season, the ISDT Reunion.  In 0-200 Expert Spencer Ballentine aboard a Penton trails James Smith by only 12 points.  Spencer really needed a win at Casey Illinois this weekend to help him but rain and floods cancelled the Cross-Country.  It could still happen for him.  In the real fun one the 0-200 Novice class is a 5 way tie for first. Two of these are Penton riders that I believe will be at the final race.  They are Chad Danik and Ted Landers.  So they are tied and both ride Pentons.  It gets more fun yet.  Chad is I believe 17 and Ted (I get to race 60+ next year) is, well you do the math.  Youth against experience for two days in a place called Flat River Missouri.  I have a gut feeling a guy on a Penton will win.  

To the Champions I am proud to be on the list with you and I believe all of us from Pentonia are proud you kept John's original slogan: Penton Built For Champions.

grandpaul

Congatulations to one and all! Larry, I guess you are "the man". I could compete in the over 40 bracket but my sorry little 125 still needs the top end done (and I suspect the crank seals as well, like my DKW). Soon enough....

GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at //www.delphi.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at //www.delphi.com/grandpaul
GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/grandpaul

Larry Perkins

Thank you, I'm BLUSHING.  I'm not the man though.  If you really want to see a Penton railed watch Kevin Brown, Gary Roach, J.P. Morgan, or Chris Richardson.  Now if you want a Penton jumped then Kevin and I are your men.  Kevin and The Penton Man love to jump.  Ask anyone at Berwick.

Dennis Jones

Larry I would like to add a couple of names to your NATIONAL CHAMPIONS list who are riding Pentons.
In AHRMA national vitage trials two riders have have their classes clinched.
RickWolff - Classic Expert
Dennis Jones - Classic Intermediate
We are both riding Penton/Wassells
Congratulations to all!

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Larry Perkins

Thank you for the trials update.  Keep us posted on any others that score.  Congrats to you both on your Championships.  Two more NATIONAL CHAMPS on Pentons boys.

Championships are for but a season but the memory of the battles and the cameraderie are for ever.

Bob Garner

Larry,

You are right I did switch back and forth from CZ to Penton's. FYI.... I have been riding Penton's since 1973.