Photo quiz III

Started by rob w, April 06, 2007, 12:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Tell me something about this picture. Can you identify this rider ? What's special/ different about the bike ? What was the event ?

:) ................ [8D] ................ :D ................ [:o)] ................ [B)]

wolfmanonapenton

these were dealer gifts I think,,A 400cc,Gs, ktm ISDT,(Gritti replica) an italian rider,from italy,probally Cranke was the american rider,one of the western desert races????lonestar event maybe???[:o)]

socalmx

The spokes are chrome plated while production bikes had painted.....

DKWRACER

Sheriff Bart from Blazing Saddles never had it SO good......trouble is, Mongo is pissed...............................
Thomas Brosius

wolfmanonapenton

these were a metal diecast replica,,,given out to dealers at the sales meetings???about the same size as a revell malcolm smith replica 400cc husky model kit at that time???[:o)]

454MRW

It looks very much like a Polistil die cast 400 MX version in red w/green number plates that I bought off of ebay back in June. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

DKWRACER

Congratulations to wolfmanonapenton, tho historically correct, after 96 posts, I am still seeking some value from you.
If you are a poster to the POG Forum, it is not our quest to "ire" the members....
At the top of our website, is a declaration, to honor John Penton.

Getting to first base, you own one........
Hitting a home run, make good, on your promise.

This is the only way I know.

Respectfully,

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

wolfmanonapenton

I do honor John,, I had my 69'Husqvarna 360 sportsman 8speed out the other night!"One of the machines that gave him his title"!:)At the Little Burr";)

rob w

That's good.
There you go - see.
There's no plastic people around here.
[8D]
BobW

Rain Man

give us another one Bob !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

wolfmanonapenton

"Theres one of these replica's on EBAY now check it out!!!$$$$$$$,did'nt know mine was worth so much,,,wonder what a Protar larger scale MX model replica's worth??:)

wolfmanonapenton

Tom,  

Did you know that those Protars were replicated after(Testori)or(Kavinovs)G.P. bikes?The ones that I have got have #2 and I think#18 on them i'll have to check?I got mine outa Italy a few years ago,last ones the guy had!!Notice anything unique about the airbox covers on the G.P.bikes and the ones on the Protar models that differd from U.S.models sold thru John?Theres also a Metzeler european Gran Prix banner too,,,which has that same machine airborn in action!;)Some of the west coast Ktms had these trick features!:)