Airbox for Wassell

Started by Johnno, April 14, 2007, 12:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnno

Hi, a while back I was in touch with someone who had an airbox for a Wassell but unfortunately I've lost the details.

If you were that person could you please get in contact with me. Or if anybody else has an airbox for sale could they let me knwo please.

Alternatively if anyone could give me acurate measurements of the cylindrical part of the box so I can get one made as I still have the back plate.

Many thanks
John

jd
jd

Johnno

Just to avoid confusion - I have the front plate. Its the cylindrical part that I'm missing which covers the air filter.

Regards

jd
jd

Lew Mayer

Do you mean the round cover on the air filter?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Johnno

yes it was the round cover

jd
jd

Dennis Jones

Hi Johnno,
Your description confuses me ( easy to do ) but I have no idea what you mean by front plate. All of mine have a semi triangular welded aluminum box with a round british style air filter mounted on top.
I may have a round top for the filter but the airbox's are made of unobtanium.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Johnno

I've posted a couple of pictures on my blog which show a Tyran with the airbox required plus a picture of the piece I still have.
The url is http://wassell-sachs.blogspot.com/

Regards

jd
jd

3putt

Johnno,  
I think I have the cover your looking for.  Will take a photo of it later this afternoon and get it to you.   Nelson McCullough

Johnno

Excellent, thankyou Nelson

Regards

jd
jd

Dennis Jones

Now I see what you need, Most Wassell talk on this site is about the trials bikes not a Tyran. If Nelson can't help you try Rick at Vintage Iron.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

gooddirt

I need the top part for my filter. I have a wassell trials bike! I need one I need one !!! Thanks LG

Dennis Jones

Gooddirt, I dug through my parts and I have the top, an old fiter, and the outer part that is full of holes, but not the bottom that threads onto the airbox. I did not see the little clamp device that holds it all together but it may be here.

email me at [email protected] if interested.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

A Triumph part may interchange, that is where I get my filters.

Dennis Jones

Gooddirt, I dug through my parts and I have the top, an old fiter, and the outer part that is full of holes, but not the bottom that threads onto the airbox. I did not see the little clamp device that holds it all together but it may be here.

email me at [email protected] if interested.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

A Triumph part may interchange, that is where I get my filters.