Home page Six-Day

Started by rob w, April 17, 2007, 11:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Gary, Could you offer that image in a 24 x 36 please. : )  B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !

BoBw

Paul Danik

Gary,

What was the toughest part of doing the restoration?  Do you use powdercoat, if so, or if not, why?  I hear some guys who love it and some who don't.  

That sure is a beauty...

Thanks
Paul

PS      I am sure that everyone knows this, but just in case, if you click on the picture it gets larger.

Merlin

............if memory serves,Pentons came with paint.............
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Gary Roach

Rob and Paul,

Thanks for the compliments.

There was nothing really hard about doing a restoration like this, but I will tell you one thing, it's definitely time consuming! You gotta have patience. And it also helps if you have an understanding wife that's also a Penton fan, and doesn't give you any grief about spending so much time in the garage!

I've heard the same thing about powdercoating as you have Paul, you either love it, or you hate it. Since I work at a bodyshop and have access to spray booths and equipment, I've always painted all of my parts. Wink's frame, tank and left side panel are painted with PPG basecoat/clearcoat, but in the last coat of clear, I added a flattening agent to dull down some of the shine.

If I have a chance this weekend, I write about everything that was done to restore this bike.

Gary

Tom C

Gary
Gorgeous bike!!:)
Are the fenders original or repop?  If reproduction where did you get them?
Thanks
Tom

Paul Danik

Gary,

What was the toughest part of doing the restoration?  Do you use powdercoat, if so, or if not, why?  I hear some guys who love it and some who don't.  

That sure is a beauty...

Thanks
Paul

PS      I am sure that everyone knows this, but just in case, if you click on the picture it gets larger.

Merlin

............if memory serves,Pentons came with paint.............
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Gary Roach

Rob and Paul,

Thanks for the compliments.

There was nothing really hard about doing a restoration like this, but I will tell you one thing, it's definitely time consuming! You gotta have patience. And it also helps if you have an understanding wife that's also a Penton fan, and doesn't give you any grief about spending so much time in the garage!

I've heard the same thing about powdercoating as you have Paul, you either love it, or you hate it. Since I work at a bodyshop and have access to spray booths and equipment, I've always painted all of my parts. Wink's frame, tank and left side panel are painted with PPG basecoat/clearcoat, but in the last coat of clear, I added a flattening agent to dull down some of the shine.

If I have a chance this weekend, I write about everything that was done to restore this bike.

Gary

Tom C

Gary
Gorgeous bike!!:)
Are the fenders original or repop?  If reproduction where did you get them?
Thanks
Tom

lksseven

Gorgeous stunner, Gary.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time