old school 50 cc

Started by MattyQ, May 04, 2007, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyQ

I am looking for a old school mini bike fixer upper (Sachs 50CC possibly)   for my two daughters 6 and 8.  Still not sure what would be cool to work on as a project with them. I would like one with a little suspension. Of course if they get hurt , my wife will hang me high.

Anyone know anything about Sachs 50 CC mini bikes?

Thanks,

Q

Matthew Quinlan

Chakka

If you want a cool vintage Mini Racer try to find a Honda MR50. Like a tiny shrunken down Elsinore. We had a kid in our nieghborhood growing up who had one and even though we all had much bigger bikes we used to beg him to ride it...so much fun. We used to call it the "Mr. 50"

Chris

MattyQ

Chris , thanks for the heads up cool looking little ride !  Man those things aren't cheap for a decent one $600 -1500 ! I 'll have to keep my eyes out for a roller .

Matthew Quinlan

littlebigman

Check your E-mail Matty.

jay cohen

Matty, My son rides an XR50R Honda, probably similar to the MR50 Honda recommended earlier. Bulletproof bike for kids.  I changed the oil one Sunday about 3 years ago and didn't have the correct oil in the garage so I said I'll get some tomorrow and put in.  When I came home from work, my son was out riding the bike.   I ran screaming over to him to shut it off to tell him there's no oil in it.  He said he was riding it for about 10-15 minutes. I added the oil, and to this day the bike runs as good as when we got it.  He rides all weekend and has never had a bit of trouble except a dirty carb one time.