still can't break it free......

Started by Steve Minor, October 20, 2001, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Steve.
Here is the name of an outfit that does pipes and will roll just the pieces for you if you like. I used them in the 70's and the did a good job. Rick Grant got me this # so it is good to know they are still around.

Aircone can be contacted by:  702-566-1077 and ask for Gary.  He makes new pipes from old ones or can just about fabricate any type.  Prices are fair, I paid a lot for the prototype as I also paid for the JIG to make them.  Around $175-$200 so far.

Thanks Rick.
Hope this will help everyone,
John D.

Edited by - JOHN DURRILL on 10/26/2001  09:40:30 AM

SS440

I had the same problem with a big bore maico heres what I did. You'll need a friend. Have the friend hold the cly. with his hands squat down like a baseball catcher and rest his forearms on his thighs (might want to do this in the garage so the neighbors don't get the wrong idea) the motor is now hanging from the cly. take a large shaft or pipe (drift is to small it will go throught the piston too easy) put it on the center of the piston so the rod supports it, and with a 2lb. sledge go to work, it ain't pretty but it worked for me. PB Blaster also is a help.
Good luck.  Steve

gooey

Knock'er Loose from K&W products ,,, let it sit over nite and KNOCKER LOOSE !  ( named after an ole girlfriend Im sure)

mikey

For what its worth I was told once and actually tried it once..pour some muratic acid (spelling may be wrong but the stuff you use on concrete to etch it)on top..it will eat up a little of the aluminum and may free it from the cylinder..just be careful with this stuff.it can sting like crazy in things like eyes and open cuts etc.

Quotequote:
I still can't free the piston free from the jug on my 1977 400...it's like I need a huge wheel puller or something....any opinions to the chance a machine shop could free it up with a hydralic press.....and do it without breaking cooling fins???

Steve Minor

Thanks all....I finally got it unstuck and it's presently crated and awaiting shipment for a rebuild.....

Steve Minor

leoheyman

i got a mc6 260  1977 motor just like this.

lee-lee
leoheyman